Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last evening I was walking both my dogs and I have the same problem as someone else on the board. When Lea sees someone, or a dog, or just starts to follow the scent of something she barks like mad.

This heavy set man came out of his house and yelled at me... You can always tell a Bagle eh? They have such distictive barks, yup I love those Bagles... to which I politely nodded and went on my way....

a Bagle??? *shrug* :roll:

Lou

·
Registered
36 Posts
My husband still gets confused between them. I just tell him, if the ears are draggin the ground he ain't no basset or "basket hound" in my son's words.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Pretty funny story! My friend almost adopted a big Basset named Bagel... :D

Terry

·
Registered
714 Posts
You do know that "Bagel" is a fairly common term for a Basset/Beagle mix? (I just learned it last year, no biggie.)

My Minnie has worthless AKC papers saying she's all Basset, but I think she's maybe 1/4 Beagle. My Vet keeps saying all Basset, but I just disagree.

From her actual "Gotcha Day," about 14 months back:

Opinions?

I'm sorry for hijacking your post, Louise...
:oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehehe you can hijack my post anytime corvuss I don't mind.

I'm far from being an expert but if your dog isn't a pure bred basset, there's a lot of basset in her.

Lou

Oh btw I didn't know a Bagle existed but I'm not surprised. People and designer dogs I dunno...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts