Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share a couple of pics. One is from a dog show in Seattle that we were entered in. My mom made matching hawaiian snoods for the girls and my husband is in the suit:

The second pic is from a field trial we attended recently. We brought the girls out later to get them more interested in rabbit scent and to see if we could get them a sight chase since the younger girl (just turned a year) didn't quite know what she was doing.

After field trials some people invited us to their ranch on Whidbey Island and showed us a good place where they train their hounds to find rabbits so my 2 and 2 of their hounds practiced:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
What lovely pictures! Especially love the last one, basset butts by the sea. doesn't get any better than that! :D

Sandy

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Ahhh...nothing is cuter than seeing bassets from behind! :lol:

Winston used to track my neighbor's rabbit, Thumper. When he chased her, he would make that "chasing bark" noise that freak everyone out and later on everyone just laugh out loud!
Thumper was an outdoor/indoor rabbit and went in and out as she like.
One day she was out for a walk and never come back. We think a cayote got it. :(

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Great photos! The photo of your husband with your houndies is priceless, like something out of a movie --- a basset Beethoven. :D And the pics of the ranch have me itching for another basset --- my place has steep slopes like that and a hollow that's chick full of bunnies needin' a basset to chase them!

Thanks! Fun pics! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts