Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This doesn't call for any response I just wanted to share a few of the good memories I had with Bubba. He could make me laugh ,like all bassets do. Grace and Bubba did not have the run of the house.There was a baby gate seperating the family room from the rest of the house.If we were in the living room the dogs could not see us but they knew we were there. A few weeks after Bubba had been diagnosed with cancer I noticed he had a way of letting me know when my company was desired. Sometimes he just wanted me in the same room while he chewed on a rawhide or while he napped. Whatever the reason the summons was always the same,one,"WOOF". I'd tell Fred,"He is calling for me". If I did not get to the family room in Bubba's time frame there would be one more,"WOOF". This was a warning woof, meaning if I didn't get there soon Bubba was going "shopping". He would find something with my scent on it and proceed to rip,chew,demolish it.The last time Bubba called me I was late getting there,the second 'WOOF' came and went.When I finally climbed over the baby gate he was sitting in the middle of the room,the white tip on the end of his tail moving ever so slightly.At first glance there seemed to be nothing out of place, but as I looked at Bubba a little closer I noticed his front paws were smudged with something blue,and red,and green.On his face I see bright yellow,red and blue. Then I see something beside the coffee table ,four tubes of oil paint.:eek: Bubba had enjoyed making an oozing mess of them on himself and the carpet. I just started to laugh .I couldn't be mad at him,after all, he did give me fair notice he would go shopping. (FYI Dawn dishwashing liquid removes oil paint from carpet. White-Out once dried does not come out of carpet but acrylic paint can be removed with a specialty cleaner)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What great memories of your Bubba. I know how you miss him, because our Bubba is always in our hearts with his special memories. Have a wonderful and joyous Christmas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts