Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who followed Bogie's rock eating saga on the Health and Genetics forum here are the rocks he swallowed and the $750.00 incision he now sports on his tummy.
Lesson learned "Dogs do eat rocks". So please be careful with your Bassets and watch them carefully. We knew they were prone to eat most anything, but never dreamed it would include "rocks".

First rock is the one that became lodged. Second rock passed through.

Check out my incision. They glued me together.

I'm one tired sad Basset.

Aroooos from Bogie!!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Poor baby his scar looks painful. I hope he feels better soon.

Healing drool from Karen and the gang

M

·
0 Posts
Oh Poor Bogie!!!! Little sweetheart. Sure hope is feeling himself soon. Give him a soft kiss from all of us!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Oh my goodness- that picture breaks your heart... Such a sweet, brave boy. As soon as he is feeling better he is going to be demanding belly rubs. Extra love and drool from us- Wendy

J

·
0 Posts
Oh, I am glad to hear he is ok but those pictures of his tummy make me sad! I hard lesson learned for us all.
Jennifer

S

·
0 Posts
I am glad evrything turned out OK. He looks very remorseful in the pictures.

M

·
0 Posts
OMG!!!!!! I let the kids outside to go potty and Rusty came in running past me. He immediately went to his bed and Stickers went over. Together they were chewing on something very loud. I knew it was trouble. A BIG ROCK!!!!!!!! from outback!!! My heart sank. I took it right out of Rusty's mouth! Gosh, I hope that was the only one. Now I'll have to be on the lookout!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Poor Bogie - that incision looks so painful! I hope he gets some treats to help with all of this. Treats, not rocks Bogie!!

We're sending healing drool for him. The girls tell him not to worry - the scar will give him a lot of character.

Elvis, Georgia, Ginger, Maggie & Crissie

·
Registered
110 Posts
Glad he is home, and fingers crossed he's the wiser for the adventure. I've been watching Sebi like a hawk now for any rock nibbling becuase he will attempt to eat *anything* he's of a mind to.

Feel better Bogie1

·
Registered
813 Posts
Awww, poor baby! He looks miserable but I'll bet he's back to his old self in no time. What an adorable tummy he has with all the freckles, too! Tell him George suggests he beg for weenies and cheese and leave those mean old rocks alone!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ouch! That poor little guy sure looks like he's been through the mill. I hope he gets back to normal really soon. He sure has a cute little freckled belly and I'm sure you look forward to rubbing it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Been there, seen it, done it!

Our Abby did the rock think a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, Japanese rocks are about 50% more expensive than in your part of the world :roll:

http://basset.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1688

Abby's scar also looked bad, but if it's any consolation, her hair has grown back really fast and you can't really see the scar anymore. She was off colour for about a week, but was soon herself again after that.

Best wishes for a quick recovery from Abby, Hana, and Cassie
(Tsuki the Cockatoo...a dog's best friend, joins in too....)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to update you, Bogie is doing really well and starting to feel his perky self again. We are keeping him on the leash in the house so he can't take off on the "Basset 500" now that he is feeling better. A little razor burn in the shaved areas, but he has not bothered the incision. He is eating his mixture of special vet canned dog food mushed into a watery mix four times a day now and looking for more. Now we start cutting back on liquid and do more of a solid canned food and mix in reg. kibble by end of this week.
We leave on vacation on 24th for 10 days , and thankfully where we kennel Bogie, the daughter is the vet tech where Bogie had his surgery. So we know that if any problems arise she can take care of him.

Yokohama Hounds: It's nice to know Abby recovered nicely from her rock ordeal.

Aroooos from Bogie!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Soooooooooooooooooooo glad Bogie will be back to his normal self very soon!!! I know you will worry about him while you are on vacation but since he will be in good hands, I'm sure he will be fine.

No more rocks!!! I hope that Bogie has learned his lesson and turns up his Basset nose at the next rock he sees :lol: Have a good vacation and bring back pictures... :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts