Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was hung up at home with the flu for about 4 days. For the first 48 hours I could barely stand up. I was lying on the couch when I had to rush to the bathroom... Again...

When I came out I thought for sure I would see the two girls outside the bathroom door, checking up on their daddy. Making sure I was ok, you know? They can sense that, I'd heard...

Needless to say, I opened the door to no bassets. In fact, I had lost the couch!!!

Here's the two caretakers stealing my spot:

·
Registered
608 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: On first reading I thought it was going to be a Lassie type scenario along the lines of..........".they refused to leave my side, and after licking my fevered brow, lay beside me and barked till the neighbours were alerted etc, etc".... and I was thinking to myself....LIAR!!!!!!this is bassets that we're talking about here, the most self- centred creatures on the planet : :D :D :D Your post gave me a real laugh!!!!!!

PS Just wondering what the marks are across 99's nose. Does she come from Olde Fashioned bassets? as I noticed in their website that they have one with very similar marks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PS Just wondering what the marks are across 99's nose. Does she come from Olde Fashioned bassets? as I noticed in their website that they have one with very similar marks.[/b]
Well you would be correct! 99 is an Olde Fashion hound. 99 is the spitting image of her mother, Ch. Classic Brio. 99 is an extremely affectionate female. 'Too smart for her own good' is what Jane (of Olde Fashion) used to say. I begged and begged for Jane to let me have her after her 2 litters. I believe it was a situation very similar to that of Rusty and Stickers, and Jane knew I would spoil her rotten.

I thank her every day for letting me have her. :)

btw.. Many bassets have white on their nose which extends to their forehead. I asked Jane about this, and she said it was called a white blaze. Venus has this type of marking. When I asked about 99's peculiar marking, Jane said it was called a 'smudge!' :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I was home sick on Wednesday. My dogs pestered me the entire day. I know for a fact that if I weren't there then they would not have had to go outside 200 times..(probaby exagerating)...man they got on my nerves ...it almost would've been easier to go to work sick.

~Heather

·
Registered
608 Posts
Never seen smudges before. 99 is beautiful. I am really partial to tri's. She has a beautiful soft face, and I find it hard to believe that she is a Diva. :) She looks like an angel in that pic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts