Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very sad to have to create this post, but i think this might be the best place to maybe find someone who understands bassets and will be able to provide a better home to Jub Jub. He's a great dog, and unfortunately i do not have the daily time to give him that he truly deserves. I know a second dog might help with getting him engaged and he loves it when my mother in law brings her daschund but thats pretty rare. Otherwise he sleeps all day long out of boredom and even after i come back home usually late, it's hard to give him the needed time. I figured i can post on here and maybe by chance someone might be looking for one. Let me know if anyone has any interest. Attaching some photos. He's fixed with all up to date shots and microchip, he's tri-color.
image.jpg

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Very sad to have to create this post, but i think this might be the best place to maybe find someone who understands bassets and will be able to provide a better home to Jub Jub. He's a great dog, and unfortunately i do not have the daily time to give him that he truly deserves. I know a second dog might help with getting him engaged and he loves it when my mother in law brings her daschund but thats pretty rare. Otherwise he sleeps all day long out of boredom and even after i come back home usually late, it's hard to give him the needed time. I figured i can post on here and maybe by chance someone might be looking for one. Let me know if anyone has any interest. Attaching some photos. He's fixed with all up to date shots and microchip, he's tri-color.
View attachment 21098
If you really feel this is the only solution for you and your hound, please get back to his breeder, assuming there is one still around. They may well have people waiting on their next litter, or who already have one from them, who'd love to have him. If that's a no-go, contact your local Breed Rescue who will also have people waiting.

Of course, I hope you can find a solution for this which means he doesn't have the upheaval of going to a new home. As they get older, their needs are not nearly as many as when young and he may well be quite content snoozing at home - it may be nothing to do with boredom. Most would manage with a daily walk, feeding and grooming while remaining in familiar surroundings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts