Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-41 here....COLD!!!!

This is why us Canucks wanted to have the reunion in Vegas in January!!!! January in Vegas is balmy compared to this!

It is so cold here, something - 28, but with the windchill, it brings it down to -41. That's Farenheit. Poor dogs could barely pee this morning, it was so cold! :eek:

Sandy

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Re: -41 here....COLD!!!!

Poor dogs, they are so low to the ground, when the pee comes out, it will turn into a popsicle instantly!! :D

It is a bit chilly in California today (for me), it's 50 degrees. he...he...he...

J

·
0 Posts

Stangely, around Cleveland it's like spring, high 50's. Can't figure this winter out!

A

·
0 Posts

Come on Sandy, pull out your parka, we've had three days of winter here this year. Perhaps four, I hear tomorrow might be cold. It will be all right "in the end". Ha Ha

Sus

T

·
0 Posts

Holy crap! Keep that stuff to yourself!

Janet 'n Twinker

A

·
0 Posts

62 degrees in Boston today!!! We got almost 18 inches of snow here Sunday and it's almost all gone already. Yippee!

A

·
0 Posts

Balmy here in Barcelona, no need for a jacket, maybe 22 degrees at 3pm. I got cold even reading your post.
Arlene and Opus.

·
Registered
263 Posts

hmm then I guess I shouldn't mention that it is 76 here today....that wouldn't be nice....

:D

·
Registered
494 Posts

Well, down here in the lowest part of Texas we had high 80's again today. Extremely warm day. Car was so hot to get into....

[ February 16, 2006, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Lisar4 ]

·
Registered
987 Posts

It was a wonderful spring like 70 here today. Breezy on the water though. Calling for snow flurries this weekend though, naturally because I need to run up to Richmond which is about an hour or so west/north of here.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

WELL, If 'I' lived in a nice warm or hot climate, like say Florida, Arizona, Califoria, or Texas and heard that some POOR SOUL was FREEZING TO DEATH, in bitterly cold conditions, I know 'I' would be inclined to invite that poor soul to come stay with me...but hey, that's just me. :D

Sandy

·
Registered
3,525 Posts

Cheer up, guys. After next week it'll be March and from there it's just a short hop to Spring. Think of it this way... we who experience winter's cold months can appreciate the warm months in a way that no southerner can! :D Time enough tonight to huddle near the woodstove...

Terry

·
Registered
494 Posts

Sandy,
We have a lot of winter Texans down here during the "winter" months. Maybe you should think of becoming one. We are very close to South Padre Island beach (absolutely beautiful, lots to do) and extremely close to Mexico (fantastic food, cheap meds and great bargains!)

It is supposed to get cold today for us. Somewhere in the 50's I think. We'll have to break out our heavy sweaters from storage. LOL

A

·
0 Posts

I know its nice to share but you up there from canada really didn't need to share this bitter cold. I know its colder there but its 17(with wind chill factor) here in seattle, it never gets that cold here. I am so tierd of this awful winter. Hey you in Texas how about mailing some of that wormth our way :D :D

·
Registered
239 Posts

Here in NJ we are expecting a 20 degree drop today. And, we had a small earthquake last night! A rare happening, thank goodness. :eek:

·
Registered
905 Posts

Poor Sandy,you should come to Scotland......at least here you'll only get soaked to the skin, with the mist and the rain.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Beautiful, sunny, cloudless day in Minneapolis today (Friday); that is, if you can ignore the fact that it's -8F at noon. (-30F windchill). It is funny to watch the dogs go out and do their business, though - no dawdling out there today!!

·
Registered
181 Posts

Deal!! I will send you warmth if you send the wet. I really didn't expect you to take me up on it :D Today is high of 38F and tomorrow 30 with freezing rain. Yesterday was 83 and wonderful. Of course if we're +30 I know the "Yankees" are -40 and life could be worse. :D

[ February 17, 2006, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Oliver Twist ]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts