Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9,850 Posts
1. Out on the West Coast the basset tend more toward the European Style you might need to look for a breeder farther east. Even with that there are going to be the smaller pup in a litter. Seeking out a breeder that specifically breeds smaller dogs should be avoided because they are not ethical breeders.

2. We do not take deposits. We can never guarantee a future litter will contain a puppy that meets a particular buyers desires and needs. I an Highly suspect of any breeder that does

3. By the time a pup is 8 weeks or more the breeder should have a accurate idea of what the puppy will weigh as an adult.

4. Artesian Normand are a rare breed and much harder to find in US than a Small Basset. Also are you sure you want an artesian Normand the personality is not the same. Basset Fauve Basset Fauve de Bretagne Dog Breed Information - American Kennel Club are more common and a AKC FSS breed and tend to be smaller. There are a few basset hound breeders that breed both and they definitely exist on the West Coast look up Linda Cain CA & NE SoLow Bassets in California | Basset Fauve de Bretagne and Basset Hound puppies | Good Dog and/or Marianne Lovejoy CA The Beachside Boys , Cheri Feldhausen WA Facebook လော့ဂ်အင်ဝင်ရန် All 3 are quality breeders and produce Dog that Excel both in conformation and in the Field., . there is also the PBGV which tend to more a terrier in personality.
5. FC Soundtrack Pandora's Box NAP NJP MHE (Hope) her Daughter is Soundtrack Burn Torches of Hope (JOY)
I'm sure you will come up with something Appropriate.

34# Soundtrack Warrior Princess Xena Rally excellent 2021 Nationals

· Registered
9,850 Posts
Thank you so much. Great advice! How far in advance should we start getting on waiting lists… without deposits :) ?
Each breeder is different , we do not maintain waiting lists. when you have a litter every couple years or longer too much changes in between times. The breeders mention Have basset hounds and Basset Fauve's though I think Linda Cain is the only one breeding the Fauve's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts