Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time basset owner!
I have a 4 month old little girl and last week she decided she wasn't sleeping anymore. She was so good only getting us up twice a night to go outside. Now though, no matter if we take her out 10 times she still whines,howls,and screams all night. I don't know what to do. If she's in pain or sad? Is she just lonely? She never did this before and very quickly got used to her crate and sleeping all night. What should I do? What's wrong? I feel just awful for her. Is she teething and just uncomfortable? Help. Idk what to do for her

·
Registered
13,132 Posts
it is because she as been inadvertently rewarded for waking you and will continue to do so until the reward stop .

·
Registered
4 Posts
First time basset owner!
I have a 4 month old little girl and last week she decided she wasn't sleeping anymore. She was so good only getting us up twice a night to go outside. Now though, no matter if we take her out 10 times she still whines,howls,and screams all night. I don't know what to do. If she's in pain or sad? Is she just lonely? She never did this before and very quickly got used to her crate and sleeping all night. What should I do? What's wrong? I feel just awful for her. Is she teething and just uncomfortable? Help. Idk what to do for her
When my basset baby started whining during the night I pulled his bed close to my side of the bed. Whenever he started whining I’d hang my arm over the side of the bed and gently rest my hand on him. He would stop for a while -and when he started again, I,’d do the same thing. It took a while, but he eventually started sleeping longer and longer, until he began making it through the night.
First time basset owner!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts