Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three of the puppies have gone to their new homes.One boy went to Dawn Town of Von Skauton bassets in NY,another male went friends of Dawn to Great Bend NY,a very nice couple who raises Pugs.Then Dawn had to pick a bitch for the judge:cool: in Kansas.I am super thrilled because if each of these puppies continue to grow as nice as they have been they will be in the show ring this winter or next spring. And I get to keep the little black girl:).It could be tough for me to post any new photos since I've used up all my" whatevers",but if I can I will.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yay for keeping the pretty girl! (not that they all weren't pretty, cuz they were!) But yay! Have you decided on a name for her?

As for the pictures, you know we NEED more. So maybe if you can go into past posts and delete pictures then you'll get some "whatevers" back??? I don't know if that will work but that was my plan to put in place when/if I ever ran out of the whatevers :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just googled Von Skauton bassets, read they are considered one of top breeders in USA. Wow!!!

Are the pug breeders planning to show their basset?

Are you planning to show the little back one?

Do your pups have a "kennel name"?

Don't mean to bombard you with questions Bubbad, just really interested.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
It could be tough for me to post any new photos since I've used up all my" whatevers",but if I can I will.
you have a number of options.

1. upgrade your membership cost money but gets you more storage space. click on "upgrade my membership" in upper right corner

2. delete some of the older photos but this will result in the dreaded red x box in some of the older threads.

3. aways a adminstrative favorite. create a new profile using a free email site like g-mail or hot mail Get a free second email address or in the case of most ISP (internet service providers) you can have more email addresses as well. Open the new email address, register here with the new email address and create a new profile that people will still recognise as you such as "new_bubbad" or "bubbad returns" this gets you a whold new set of storage.

4. Post the picture to a picture hosting site like "photobucket" once photo are uploaded to your album it is pretty simple to post the picture here is the procedure. Open two window in your internet browser one for this site and one for Photobucket. Slide your mouse over the picture you want to post. In photobuckert a drop down menu will appear. Click on the box next to "img code" when you do so the info in the box will read "copied" for and instant, this means the info is now poted to your clipboard. Move the mouse over to this sites browser window. position the cursor where you would like to post the picture and press on the key board the ctrl key simultaniously with the letter v. this is the keyboard shortcut for paste. what should happen is something like
Code:
[IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/toughynutter/Stowe2005009.jpg[IMG]
should appear that is all there is to it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I want to thank Vickie for sharing this pup with us....and wonderful to meet you yesterday. I look forward to learning so much from You and Dawn of Von Skauton. I really feel honored.
To the person who asked if us "Pug Breeders" are going to show.. YES... This litter is amazing and needs to be in the ring. We love to show and look forward to a different breed. :D

We have come up with the name for the little man Brownstone's Vlasic Von Skauton with Vlad as his new call name. He did wonderful on the trip home as did the other pups. He slept the night without any potty accidents!!!!! wonderful. He likes our pugs, and our older female pug is mothering him.. it is cute.

Here is some pictures in his new home.

http://i51.tinypic.com/nxkemo.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/x5dwzq.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/16i8o4l.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/dysmsm.jpg

Tanya

·
Registered
762 Posts
Oh you can almost feel the puppy love in those pictures!! But where are the pugs? Princess Buttercup loves Pugs! Just something about their curly little tails! Those can't be Vlads only photos so far. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh you can almost feel the puppy love in those pictures!! But where are the pugs? Princess Buttercup loves Pugs! Just something about their curly little tails! Those can't be Vlads only photos so far. ;)

Batteries died on my camera... have to wait till i get some more sorry... I will get some good puggy and basset pics. :)

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
It is never to early to start basset doing what basset do best. chase bunnies.

an AHBA Field trial Aug 13-14 Just North of Binghampton New York [/url] the glendale beagle club site is completely enclosed at least on bench show on saturday with a puppy class (under 1 year of age). Dogs must enter the field to be judged on the bench. No age limit minimum or max Cost is no more than most conformation shows.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good grief my eyes are tearing up.He is such a beautiful boy. Thank you Tanya.I love the call name "Vlad" like Vlad the impailer,I wasn't crazy about,"Mr.Pickles". I am planning to show the black girl.I may have to have Dawn do it,I can't get up if I get down to kneel with her,oh yeah,its a sight. My kennel name is," Brownstone",don't have a kennel but it is the prefix for naming my puppies. I'm not sure how I will handle the photo thing but thank you MikeyT you know just about everything,thats cause you pay attention. Thanks everyone for watching these guys grow with me. It has been quite the experience and someday in the distant future if I'm still around and kicking I'm going to do it again,although I highly doubt I can get this lucky twice. This is such an exceptional litter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good grief my eyes are tearing up.He is such a beautiful boy. Thank you Tanya.I love the call name "Vlad" like Vlad the impailer,I wasn't crazy about,"Mr.Pickles". I am planning to show the black girl.I may have to have Dawn do it,I can't get up if I get down to kneel with her,oh yeah,its a sight. My kennel name is," Brownstone",don't have a kennel but it is the prefix for naming my puppies. I'm not sure how I will handle the photo thing but thank you MikeyT you know just about everything,thats cause you pay attention. Thanks everyone for watching these guys grow with me. It has been quite the experience and someday in the distant future if I'm still around and kicking I'm going to do it again,although I highly doubt I can get this lucky twice. This is such an exceptional litter.

Ohhh no problem Vickie, i will keep you updated with pics. and I think Dawn is more than happy to help you show. I know i don't mind helping out when i can. I agree Mr. Pickles was not my favorite, but 7 years olds have other ideas. We got all out kids 17 to 7 in age to agree with Vlad...
I am glad you are keeping that black girl she is very nice. I think she will be a huge asset to your breeding program.

Tanya

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As for a name for the black girl,I wanted to go with Trasformers for naming this litter,but,nobody was thrilled with that.I like the names Devistator,Rampage,Inferno,Blackout,Jolt,Star Scream,but since I haven't been able to go that direction I'm toying with "Brownstone's Lotus Water Dragon."

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks MikeyT,actually,the sciatica has vastly improved but my legs just seem to be weak anymore,it sucks to get old.If I can lose more weight till the shows come around maybe I'll try to show her myself as long as I don't look like I'm going to fall on her,the judge gets a funny look on her face when that happens.

·
Registered
417 Posts
As for a name for the black girl,I wanted to go with Trasformers for naming this litter,but,nobody was thrilled with that.I like the names Devistator,Rampage,Inferno,Blackout,Jolt,Star Scream,but since I haven't been able to go that direction
As I sit here in a chair with completely chewed up arms, look to the left at a corner of the wall with chunks taken out of it, and think back to Ninja's first year with us, I am of the opinion that the names mentioned above are all perfect for a basset puppy. :)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You made me laugh scully,I thought people at the shows would see those names in the catalog and totally know they couldn't win against a basset with a name like that.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thanks for posting pictures of Vlad Tanya! It's so nice to be able to see one of the pups we've watched from little babies grow up. And sorry for you leg weakness bubbad. Hope it gets better and/or you figure out something. I love the Transformer movies so I'd love a basset with one of those names!!! But my husband is a weather officer and so we've got weather-related names. Oh well! I love them no matter what they're named.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
As for a name for the black girl,I wanted to go with Trasformers for naming this litter,but,nobody was thrilled with that.I like the names Devistator,Rampage,Inferno,Blackout,Jolt,Star Scream,but since I haven't been able to go that direction I'm toying with "Brownstone's Lotus Water Dragon."
ah ha! Decepticons, eh?? **like** :rolleyes:

welcome, Mr. Vlad!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts