Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Congratulations to all of you who qualified at Nationals. I'm sorry I couldn't go. Next year I am flying to Texas wo/dog. Exactly where in Texas are they being held? Thanks and Molly says Hi! Belinda.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I believe in Plano, near the Dallas/FW area. I have the info on the site but it's at home.

Looks like a very compressed schedule, I'm going to have to make some difficult choices about which events to enter if I attend.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow! My parents live in Allen - right next to Plano. When is this event? I think you are talking about next year, right?

Could be a fantastic road trip for me and the Bun-i-nator.

OR - is this another one of those events that requires ovaries? Belle has none.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Nationals is the Basset Hound Club of America's annual national dog show. It includes conformation, obedience, rally, agility, tracking, field and hunt events. (Hope I haven't missed anything!) Bassets must be intact for conformation and field events. They can be altered for any of the rest, including hunt tests.

Dates are Sept. 30-Oct. 5. BHC of Fort Worth will have a speciality with obedience and rally Sept. 29. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! YEE-HAA! Texas or bust! How's you find the schedule and dates? Thanks, Belinda. I'll be volunteering to steward Obedience. Do you know who's the chair?

·
Registered
939 Posts
what are the trial and hunt test dates? and where will they be held? you should have been at the hunt test this year Belinda,you missed out on the "heat stroke" we all got.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
The proposed schedule was on our plates at the dinner. I don't have it with me, but if I recall correctly it goes something like:

Sunday: Education
Monday: Regional Specialty (Conformation, Sweeps, Obedience, Rally)
Tuesday: Obedience, Rally, Sweepstakes, Futurity, Field Trials
Wednesday: Dogs, Agility, Field Trials
Thursday: Bitches, Hunt Test
Friday: Specials, Tracking, Annual Dinner
Saturday: Tracking

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I'll be volunteering to steward Obedience. Do you know who's the chair?[/b]
Marge Cook is the obedience chair. E-mail or PM me, and I'll send you her contact info. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts