Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a new way to post photo's on here,i tried the old way using snapfish and can't seem to see the photo during the preview.?

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
just testing, to make sure Flickr works ...

okay, i think i know what the problem is

these days, some photo hosting services require that you post a url with HTML tags for the photo --- or the url that they give you for the photo will have HTML tags in it.

that's what's hanging you up because, when i tried to post a photo from Flickr with HTML tags, i got the same message

the HTML tags will make the url look something like this (i've inserted spaces so the board doesn't convert it to something else):

< a href=" " target="_blank">http://www.wideworldofdoggiephotos.com"> < img src= "http://www.wideworldofdoggiephotos.com " >< /a>

this board won't let you post something like that and will give you the error message about it being dynamic, blah blah blah

at Flickr, however, and maybe at Snapfish, you can get a static url. the static url for the photo i posted is: http://static.flickr.com/68/206700341_ed8822581e_m.jpg

see if you can find a url like that for Snapfish

but be warned, it's against the terms of service at Flickr to post a static url from Flickr on another website --- i'm guessing they make money off the mouse clicks when people click on the photo and end up at the Flickr website. but hey. anything for you Billy, even jailtime!! :p

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's good to have a friend like you!!!!! i just don't get this url tag thing i give up, wait until they are put up on the BHCA website.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Post the addresses for the photos and I'll see if I can make them appear, or send them to me and I'll put them up.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
i was going to offer to post them, too.

if i'm reading things correctly, snapfish only lets you "share" photos by inviting them to look at your albums on snapfish.

what Billy can do is invite someone to his album, have them download pics from the album onto their computer, then post them here. that would save sending gigantic pictures by email.

i'm on a Macintosh, so the process is pretty easy --- i just click on the picture, hold the mouse button down and drag it from the website onto the desktop of my computer.

i don't know how a Windows computer works :D but i imagine it would be just as easy.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've been away for a few days,Mrs. Pinehawk and myself were in Atlantic City for a RV/Camper Show,had a nice dinner with Mr. Trump and made a nice donation to his retirement fund,because he needs it more than me!!!!! when i get some time tomorrow i'll see if i can figure out snap fish and invite you all to look at my album.i need a new computer to so i'll be getting a new one of this damn things soon.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
You can also try Photobucket. It's free and you can post pictures from it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok who ever gets me there e-mail first i'll send you the snapfish thing so you can get the album and photo's .i never had problems b/4 ,just getting old i guess!!!!

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
:) okay, here's one of Billy's photos of the Nationals. he'll have to tell you who's who. all i have to say is, what handsome pups! :)

i'll post more later, but i have to get ready for work now. ::muffled sobbing::

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the first pic is of the derbies winners,the second,third,fourth,and fifth from top to bottom are the Absoute winner,Champion winners,Bitch winners,Dog winners. the other pics are of Ike out training,and was joined by one of Carrol Peterman's dogs i think this one was Pee Wee,the camper was titled you might be a redneck if...,this was the unoffical offical party camper,beer cans and vodka bottles evaporated there,it was like they were sucked into a black hole or something...go figure!! if you want to know the names of the dogs go to www.basset-bhca.org and look for the 2006 nationals photos and click on the field trial link. Biscuit thank you for posting the photo's and you to Soundtrack for offering. Billy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts