Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new to the forum and need some help,

I have a 2 year old male Basset with no health issues ( got him fully checked out), we have an older dachshund (4yrold) who is his best friend. We have had him since 8 weeks.

He has started growling and snapping, my son (18 years old) just has to enter the room and he goes nuts. There has never been hitting or abuse and my son does not even have to come near him to have this happen.

At night both dogs sleep with us in bed and he has now started growing snapping if there is any movement in the bed, a role over or shift by myself my wife or the other dog.

Is there any advice out there? he has only started doing this in the last few months. and is not consistent with it.

I have had many dogs in the past and never had this behaviour.

· Registered
9,873 Posts
any new behavioral issue that arises seemingly out of the blue need first a full medical evaluation,. Pain causes a lot of problem behaviors, this includes a neurological exam

both dogs sleep with us in bed and he has now started growing snapping if there is any movement in the bed, a role over or shift by myself my wife or the other dog.
nothing wrong with dogs sleeping in bed but doing so comes with rules,. Any dogs that are not tolerant of being jostled in bed do not have a place in the bed and other arraignment need to be made

2. do not rule out there is not a specific reason for your dogs behavior with your son and you are not likely to find out what it is from your son. In the mean time they need to be seperated and kept at distance that does not illict the agressive behavior from the dog.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts