Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The BRNGB are trying to rehome two beautiful older hounds, Bonnie and Bella who are 9 and 8 respectively. They are another incredibly bonded pair, good general health, just need a nice quiet home to spend their golden years. No kids under 10. Please could you share with any other basset peeps you know who might be interested?

We need your help! | The Basset Rescue Network GB Ltd

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Hi all,

The BRNGB are trying to rehome two beautiful older hounds, Bonnie and Bella who are 9 and 8 respectively. They are another incredibly bonded pair, good general health, just need a nice quiet home to spend their golden years. No kids under 10. Please could you share with any other basset peeps you know who might be interested?

We need your help! | The Basset Rescue Network GB Ltd
Breeder(s) still around? I'd like to think they would be involved. Also, much as not everybody appreciates Basset Welfare, have you told them about these two - bitches are usually way easier to find homes for than males, even if perhaps taking on two might be difficult. What happened to their original home because it makes me so sad that anybody wouldn't keep oldies to the end of their days ..... angry actually. When I only had my own, it was more difficult to make arrangements if we were not there for them. Now we have two we bought in, their breeders have indicated that they would always be there for them, if needed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know, nothing has been shared about their background so I don't know how they've wound up with Basset Rescue. It is terribly sad as they should be loved and well settled at this age, not being bumped around foster homes.

I could mention it to Basset Welfare. I don't know if BRNGB would have already approached them though I suspect not. The two organisations never mention each other. :-(

I just thought I'd mention it here to help spread the word a bit.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Apparently they've had a really good response to this plea so hopefully that means Bonnie and Bella will be heading to a new home soon.
Good to hear because I was thinking about this sad story, again, and wondering whether it might be a good idea to approach one of the bigger breeders in the UK in any case. So often they have fingers in the breed and could well know of somebody who might be willing to take on two oldies. If you hear they are still looking for a home together, please PM me and I'll give you some contacts.

I'd love to have 'em but we rent and can only have 2 in here.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
" but we rent and can only have 2 in here."

so everything is "cool" with new landlord ?
:D Well they are happy to allow us to keep the two we have here - IN WRITING in the lease. What happens overall at the end of the 6 months fixed tenancy remains in the lap of the Gods! I live in hope but SO WISH we could buy our own place - living with the threat of a tenancy coming to an end isn't nice as anybody who has lived like this, knows. :(

So many 'mistakes' over the years but hindsight, and all that.

I just continue to say my hounds are non-negotiable. If it means a tent in a field :p

Thanks for asking - appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,134 Posts
Great news, may the two elder ladies find comfort & love in their 'golden' years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts