Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 31st I discovered that 2 females are missing out of my backyard.It was morning feeding time when i noticed the back easement gate that was tied at the bottom and top,top rope missing gate half open.there was also an old roll of chain link lying across the bottom of gate on the inside of the yard to prevent any escapes.
Of course I spent all yesterday seaching just on the chance they were running after rabbits.Road around just listening to dogs bark listening for a hounds voice.I even went back to the city pound after 3:00 for the last trucks to come back from their runs.Nothing but unwanted mutts looking at me there.(I think everyone should be made to visit the pound ,but thats another topic)
So this morning I visited a shelter that had closed yesterday,but they don`t take stray animals so no luck.
So I`m back home my daughters are working on flyers to put up around the neiborhood.As you can tell i`m still hoping their just lost.Hounds have been stolen from me in the past/out at my mothers house in the country.So I`m not as trusting a soul as I once was,but i`m trying to be hopefull.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I'm so sorry. Will be waiting and hoping for a good outcome. Allison's suggestion for posting pictures is a good idea, if possible.

Lost Dog Recovery Plan
Lost Pet Recovery Tips--information & advice on finding lost cats and dogs

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about what has happened. I hope you find them. I know you must be a wreck right now

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have located one in the pound,i went by to claim her but they would not release her due to the holiday.I can`t claim her until saturday.I was a little frustrated they would not let me take her out of the cage to check her over.She was picked up 2 miles from were I live.Lots of highways to cross I was concerned she was hurt.Now there is just Maddie to find,she is extremely friendly .Hopefully with flyers out she will turn up.

·
Registered
272 Posts
oh my goodness! I am so sorry!! I wish I could help!!
Hoping, wishing and praying your two come home to you safe and sound!!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Good news on the first hound. :) Fingers crossed for Maddie.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm glad to hear that one was found. Hope you'll find the other one soon.

~Heather

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I hope Maddie turns up soon!

·
Registered
52 Posts
We are SO GLAD your Hounds have returned home. Can only imagine the worry you must have been feeling. Woof woof from Jakehound and Harvey Hound.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Glad to hear both hounds are home.

~Heather

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow! I'm glad I got to read the whole thead in one sitting and didn't have to wait hear! Well, I am so glad you got your girls back. Scares me, we have one runner and 2 homebodies, so yeah it just makes me shudder!

Hooray for you and the Girls!

Rachael

1 - 17 of 17 Posts