Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dogs came face to face with our resident Tokay Gecko we call "Brutus". He has lived here as long as we have. We see him only once or twice a year and it usually scares the heck out of me. This time, it was Dixie and Belly who found him. He was being chased by a squirrel. So if you can imagine ...it was quite a commotion.

Here are some pictures and a short video (below the photos) I chased the squirrel away before running for the camera ...but it did nip the Gecko ...who almost nipped Belvedere!! He's the nosy one ...Dixie kept her safe distance :rolleyes:

Can you find it in the first photo? ;)

They look like they're thinking "WHOA ..."

I used my zoom for these two ...

And a short video ...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wow, what excitement at your house! I've never seen one that big on my property. Only the tiny tiny ones! Stickers would go beserk over something like that! Thanks for sharing those pictures and the video!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wow! Is the gecko's bite poisonous?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Wow. That's amazing. Your 2 are quite calm compared to what my 2 would've been doing. Thanks for sharing!

~Heather

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh they weren't so calm ...especially when I had to round them up and take them inside.

I don't think this thing is poisonous ...or even aggressive, unless provoked. Which was the squirrel's doing! My dogs have never encountered it in the years we've had them. Only me when watering my plants :blink:

·
Registered
272 Posts
wow, i can't believe the size of that thing.
What a great closeup! Good job!! Looks like a National Geographic picture.
I think our Louie would have tried to climb the tree..lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts