Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wow I'm amazed the owner was able to think straight enough to get the gator to let go. 12 years old and still a fighter. Amazing story.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Wow, very lucky in deed. Is this your Sophie? Hope she heals quickly and isn't traumatized.

~Heather

·
Registered
191 Posts
I live in Tampa too and I thought this story was so sad. I hear about this quite often. I read the article online using your posted link and I could not resist posting a comment on the TBO web site in response to some of the rediculous comments that were on there. My user name on TBO is Daisy25 if anyone is interested. I think everyone should post something for Sophie

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in Tampa too and I thought this story was so sad. I hear about this quite often. I read the article online using your posted link and I could not resist posting a comment on the TBO web site in response to some of the rediculous comments that were on there. My user name on TBO is Daisy25 if anyone is interested. I think everyone should post something for Sophie

Seriously? This is a common phenomenon if Florida?! How horrible!! I can't imagine taking a leisurely stroll with one of my babies alongside a pond, only to have them snatched up by an alligator! I say again, how horrible!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for that link. I saw the story on local news that am but it didn't give any details. I read the comments & all i can say is there are some sick people out there-with access to computers. I would have thought 5 feet was a safe distance-now I know better. I'd like to take my basset to see the ocean but I had to rescue him once when he followed his cousin & was stranded by the 4 inches of our creek. He just stood there trembling & wouldn't move & I had to wade in in my brand new Reeboks! What we do for our bassets!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank god Sophie is okay. This is a reminder that u never know how long life is for anyone. Hug your Basset and show the love....give 'em a TREAT!!;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts