Looking for a home for loving Cesar - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2017, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
rrl

Default Looking for a home for loving Cesar

Cesar is a 10 year old Bassett. And I am a sick 63 year old owner with health problems. We bought Cesar when he was a pup. At that time my daughter was at home and we could take care of him together. But my daughter got married and left. She lives far away and cannot take the dog with her. So, I was left in charge. I have too many health problems and taking care of Cesar has become a burden for me. I love the dog but I can barely take care of me. I would like to find a family that will love him and care for him as we do. Cesar is a loving dog, housebroken and obedient. He just refuses to have his ears cleaned and I have to put a muzzle on him for this procedure. But other than that he loves being bathed. He spends most of the time in the house with the family but he is also in the backyard when we are not at home. I would like to find a family that has another basset so he can have a friend. We are in Paris,Texas, but no matter how far the family is. We could arrange sending Cesar.
If anyone interested, let me know here.
rrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2017, 05:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Please get back to his breeder, if still around. Most good breeders have a life-time take back clause in their sale contract. Alternative, contact Basset Rescue where you are? Alternatively I have a good breeder- friend living in Texas who may be able to help. They are listed on the BHCA breeders lists.....
FranksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
rrl

The breeder just sells dogs. Doesn't want them back. The Bassett Rescue have already told me that they cannot adopt dogs the owner cannot keep. I would have to abandon him near their offices and then perhaps they would 'rescue' him. Thank you.
rrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2017, 06:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Again if you could arrange to send Cesar somewhere (without checking first?), why can't you do the same so he goes to your daughter At lease he'd know her and you'd know he's gone to a good home for the remainder of his life!!
FranksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

So sad, have you finally found a home for this adorable dog?
marta5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrl View Post
The Bassett Rescue have already told me that they cannot adopt dogs the owner cannot keep. I would have to abandon him near their offices and then perhaps they would 'rescue' him. Thank you.
Contact GABR (https://bassetrescue.org) they will take him if no one else will. They have the resources to transport him back to Illinois and care for him. They will insure he gets a good forever home. We are members and have adopted several bassets from them so I speak with firsthand experience with them. They are the best! As our motto says "It's all about the dogs!".

Father to: Barbie (The Blind Basset), Lilly and Sherlock
HoundDad_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement