Fungus Among Us - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Buttercup
Default Fungus Among Us

Well pretty lil Princess Buttercup has ringworm. Headed to wash her right now... since I work in human sports medicine I have Chlorhexidine by the gallon. Has anyone used that as a shampoo in these cootie incidences? Thinking of following it with gentle Oats a Fur Coats regular shampoo but canít decide whether that would help or dry her skin out further. Help! Iíve already treated with topical anti fungal, washed ALL the beds, & vacuumed my brains out... & vet apt on Friday. What else am I missing?

I see this daily in the clinic during wrestling season but something about it on PB... #ihavetheheebiejeebies #whendidshejoinwrestling?
Princess Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 06:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey T

may want of use keto/clorhexidine shampoo They tend not to clean so well so you use a regular shampoo first to clean and allow the medicated shampoo clear access to the skin. I would not use a shampoo after the medicated shampoo because it will remove residual active ingredients if you can stand having her smell like a pickle a white distilled vinegar rinse after the medicated shampoo.

Standard shampoo/medicated shampoo/ vinegar rinse is standard procedure Miriam uses at the grooming shop for skin/yeast issue. Often varing between antifungal shampoos to reduce the risk of creating resistant fungus. Keto/clorhexidine and miconazole shampoo I thing Davis is the manufacture she currently uses but it does not really matter. the keto/clorhexidine lathers and cleans better so it is the more go to than the miconazole.

https://www.healthyskin4dogs.com/blo...atitis-in-dogs

I am not a fan of Raw apple cider vinegar it has to many by products. The one and only know anti-fungal/antimicrobial agent in apple cider vinegar is acetic acid. Might as well us the cheapest and cleanest form of it which is distilled white vinegar.
Mikey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement