Constant whining all of a sudden... - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2019, 07:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Constant whining all of a sudden...

So, Lexi is going to be 2 in April. She whined occasionally before when she needed something, but lately (the last week) she has been whining almost non-stop. I can't figure out, for the life of me, what she wants, and it's driving me INSANE! Any and all advice is much appreciated. I have no idea what's going on with her.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
CheeseVanWinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 04:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseVanWinkle View Post
So, Lexi is going to be 2 in April. She whined occasionally before when she needed something, but lately (the last week) she has been whining almost non-stop. I can't figure out, for the life of me, what she wants, and it's driving me INSANE! Any and all advice is much appreciated. I have no idea what's going on with her.

My old boy vocalises, often whining all the time. I've never been able to work out why although because the continual part only happens occasionally, I put it down to a local bitch in season which he can smell, perhaps.

At this young age, I think I'd be having my vet take a look (health check) to see if he can find something that might be causing all this.

You have my sympathies because, love him as I do, I could do murder with mine over this!! It's like Chinese Water Torture.
FranksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey T

"I think I'd be having my vet take a look (health check) to see if he can find something that might be causing all this. "

can not disagree, rule out a medical cause. keeping in mind just because the vet does not find anything that there still might be a medical cause.
Mikey T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2019, 07:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

It is normal to be seen as an unexpected behavior in pets. Even that we have spent most of their life with us, it is not necessary that we can figure out everything about what they want.

I went through a similar phase with my Ronny, He was behaving strangely when I decided to get help for his training. Because sometimes we might not understand what he is going through but a pet expert will know.

I took my buddy to Camp Bow Wow in Middlesex for training purpose. And they took him in for training till he was normal again. They fed him and trained him, when I took him home he was so happy and rejuvenated. I was happy to get my old Ronny back.

Nowadays even when I go out of town for work, i leave him in the safe hand of Camp Bow Wow. And i enjoy watching him on my phone, playing in their facility through the cameras.
robbert_cobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

So, her nipples had gotten swollen for a few days and I think she was wanting more attention because she was uncomfortable. The swelling went down a bit, but now there are scabs near her nipples? Has anyone else ever dealt with this or have any idea what it could be?

CheeseVanWinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseVanWinkle View Post
So, her nipples had gotten swollen for a few days and I think she was wanting more attention because she was uncomfortable. The swelling went down a bit, but now there are scabs near her nipples? Has anyone else ever dealt with this or have any idea what it could be?

Canít say for sure, but itís definitely time to take her to the vet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Has she been near ANTS? But I'd agree - off to the vet!
FranksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement