Rehoming our hounds - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2019, 01:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rehoming our hounds

This is Beau & Violet, I love these hounds. However I am asking the Basset Hound community for help. My health is getting worse and part of the problem is their hair and dander. I would like to sell them at a fraction of my cost, but would like to keep them together if possible. If not then someone who needs a companion and will love them as much as I do. I'm in Kansas and if you know of someone who would love an addition to their family or life, then please pass this along.
Beau is a year old mahogany, neutered, crate trained, house broken, knows his basic commands and is treat driven. He loves to place fetch with his ball and tug with his rope.
Violet is an 8 month tri-color. She is spayed, and like Beau, crate trained, house broken, knows her basic commands and treat driven as well. She loves to cuddle, lay in the sun and play with her squeaky toys.
If seriously interested please respond to this and we can email or text about cost and what goes with each dog or both. If you've read this far, then thank you for your time and help.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
kima719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2019, 04:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

How heartbreaking for you, and them! I suppose their breeder(s) isn't interested in taking them back and rehoming them? Basset Rescue where you are should be able to rehome them, hopefully together or at least with other hounds if they are used to having company. If there are any other breeders in your area, they may have people on a waiting list - worth a try (via the BHC America).
FranksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey T

Hounds Haven Basset Rescuel
Mikey T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2019, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

GABR (home of the Illinois Basset Bash and Waddlde) in Illinois is a great rescue and will keep the two together (they don't split up bonded pairs). We have adopted several hounds from GABR over the years and will vouch for them. I would not take them back to the breeder as the breeder will probably separate them if that's what it takes to re-home them quickly.

GABR --> www.bassetrescue.org

Father to: Barbie (The Blind Basset), Lilly and Sherlock
HoundDad_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundDad_11 View Post
. I would not take them back to the breeder as the breeder will probably separate them if that's what it takes to re-home them quickly.

This pair are only a year and 8 months, so would probably be fine if found separate homes - it's not as if they are Derby and Joan, lived together for years. I'd think this owner should at least start by contacting the breeder, even if they are only involved in finding a good alternative home for them, hopefully together, not actually taking them back. It's always better for any dog to go from the original home, to the new one rather than needing to go to an interim home. Good breeders prefer to know what happens to the puppies they produce and sell.
FranksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Aw, what a shame. I'd be interested (especially since Beau looks EXACTLY like my Hela) but I live a thousand miles away (SC) and I'm sure you can find someone closer. Best of luck.
Barbara E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara E. View Post
Aw, what a shame. I'd be interested (especially since Beau looks EXACTLY like my Hela) but I live a thousand miles away (SC) and I'm sure you can find someone closer. Best of luck.
Barbara E, great news we were able to rehome both hounds together. A gal l worked with took them, and she has a doxie and a shepard pup.
The four are running the farm, and Beau is on patrol. I'm very happy with the turn out. She sends me photo updates.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
kima719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm so glad to hear everything worked out.
Barbara E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement