Basset Bleu de Gascogne pups 6 months old - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Basset Bleu de Gascogne pups 6 months old

thought you might like to see a couple of the pups at 6 month old.
Attached Thumbnails
Basset Bleu de Gascogne pups 6 months old-miss-mavse-song-bird.jpg   Basset Bleu de Gascogne pups 6 months old-jaco-clover-6-mo.jpg   Basset Bleu de Gascogne pups 6 months old-mister-beau.jpg  
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2017, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lovely! Thanks so much for posting the pics. I your avatar one of your's too? Would love to see more pics! Are these shown in the US?
PollyEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey T

" Are these shown in the US? "

UKC rare breed, not an AKC registerable breed, Internationally recognized by FCI. in US I believe Corky is the only breeder in the US that has had litters in the past few years.
Mikey T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2017, 03:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

It is a recognised breed here in the UK

Breed Standard - UK
The Kennel Club
FranksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksMum View Post
It is a recognised breed here in the UK

Breed Standard - UK
The Kennel Club
That's cool, do you see many? What are they like? I've always been fascinated by that breed.
Eowyn - FC Soundtrack Rain Dance MHH OAJ NAP
Faith - Soundtrack Gotta Have Faith HH
Pumpkin - FC Soundtrack Smashing Pumpkins SHH
Hope - Soundtrack Pandora's Box HH
Harriet - Soundtrack Black Magic Woman
Patch - Ch Soundtrack Superstitious Feeling
Junior - Soundtrack Sorcerer's Apprentice
Simon - Soundtrack I Put A Spell On You
Soundtrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Very interesting, I really like the Basset Artesian's as well.....wish we had more of these breeds in the US. Found some of in MS which were imported from France...
PollyEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Blue Sage Kennels - Variations

This is one website I found when searching - but I'm not sure whether they are in the UK or perhaps in France. The picture taken at a show does look more British however....... I only remember seeing a Grand, once. So no, they are not, or were not (I've been out of the show scene for a long time now) very numerous here in the UK.

The Breed Info. website for this breed says they are not often seen in the UK ring and even less as a pet.
In the UK the Bleu is seldom encountered at conformation shows and is relatively unknown as a companion dog....

Read full article here: http://www.breedia.com/dogs/basset-bleu-de-gascogne

I have only found one breeder in the UK - via Champdogs and they are in Norfolk.

Last edited by FranksMum; 01-04-2017 at 06:44 AM.
FranksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Test test test...
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default Answers to questions

Sorry, have not stopped by this site for a while. I’ll try to answer your questions;

Blue Sage Kennel is here in the USA, and only has the Grand Bleu de Gascogne’s, the tallest of the Bleu Gascogne’s. Not to be confused with the “Blue Gascon” strain of the Bluetick coonhound. The Gascon is registered with the UKC as a Bluetick coonhound. Blue Sage as far as I know is the only Breeder of Grand Bleu’s in the USA, their dogs are all registered with UKC as GBdG’s.

AKC…UKC….. UKC registers the BBdG’s and will register imported dogs with FCI pedigrees. The ARBA also registers them. My dogs are all UKC registered for 6 generations back, and traceable to FCI registration.

Shows and showing…… myself, I don’t show my dogs. You could show BBdG’s here in the USA at any UKC all breed show. There are 50 – 100 of these hounds in the USA, and you’d be hard pressed to find competition at a show. In Europe they are more common but still rare. There are breed clubs in the UK and France mainly, that host Breed shows for BBdGs.

“What are they like” short answer is they are like a short legged Bluetick coon hound. They make great companion dogs, great hunting dogs and bond close to their family/pack. They are used for hunting many different game, and blood tracking.

My avatar is “Duke” the 2nd generation born here. I’ve kept a pictorial family tree of all my Bleu’s from the 1st imports.

I think that covers it, hope it’s helpful. Be cautious if you are looking into this breed, there are some sites offering pups that don’t have them. And scamming for deposit money. I’ve seen pictures of my pups on sites offered for sale. If you have other questions feel free to PM me, or if you do face book take a look at the group site BBdG Club of America…….. https://www.facebook.com/groups/976095935840344/

Still listening to the music of the hounds

Corky
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement