My boy Token- - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My boy Token-

I was rubbing on my gassy, sassy and a little smarty-assy boy this morning, and i found a very hard nodule in his dewlap.

Does anyone have experience with hard nodules in their bassets? This one isn't soft like a cyst or lipoma. It's about the size of a pearl or small marble.

I've called the vet to have a biopsy done, but honestly, I am petrified. He's my boy. I'm trying not to freak out, but failing miserably. I'm not sure what else to say, because i'm sure i sound like an over reacting mom.
Attached Thumbnails
My boy Token--20170602_165629.jpg  
darkfire007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2018, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey T

most lump especial if only under the skin and not attached are generally but not always nothing to worry about. especial if they are regularly shaped and have smooth edges
Mikey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey T View Post
most lump especial if only under the skin and not attached are generally but not always nothing to worry about. especial if they are regularly shaped and have smooth edges

You were right to involve your vet BUT try not to panic. My current boy is literally covered in lumps like that and we are not touching them. I have never understood/discovered why some get like this when others don't - I had litter mates where she was also covered and at one point we had them removed until others appeared and we stopped. Her brother had none. I would say she tended to have a thicker more oily coat than him, which is probably why

Rather than put my boy through surgeries, and some are harder than others, I'm prepared to just leave it ..... of course one of them might be a nasty but he's in his 10th year now and (other than right now is having another of his gastric episodes, upchucking everywhere yesterday = vet) otherwise doing ok, considering all his other problems!

I guess you'll have to wait for the results of the biopsy and hope. And remember if it is a nasty and is taken off, he'll probably be fine.
FranksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement