Basset Hounds Forum banner

Looking out the window, wishing for a white Christmas..

4K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Dozer-Digger 
#1 ·
Dozer is watching it snow after a morning of running around in it. Well they better get the running around out of their system, because they are forecasting 18-26 inches by tomorrow morning, with 20-60 MPH winds. (good thing I bought dog food yesterday, because we aren't going anywhere for a while)

I will update with more snow pictures, as it comes down. Can't believe I was outside without a jacket yesterday, that's Colorado weather for ya.
*Updated*
Here's some new videos taken after I piled snow from the driveway into the garden. They had to check it out.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm Jealous! I live upstate NY and we usually get snow in December, but it's been in the 50's and even 60's the past couple of weeks. It gets cold at night, but too warm for any snow in the day. I would love it to snow for Christmas! We may get flurries for Christmas Eve, which is better than nothing. Baxter did see some snow that we had a few weeks ago - just enough for a little guy to have fun in, but I would like some more! :p

#5 ·
We usually have plenty of snow by now, but what we did have all melted and it doesn't look like we will be getting some anytime soon.

My sister-in-law lives in Colorado and we had ordered some flowers to be sent to her today. The florist from Colorado called and said they were have a big snowstorm and said they wouldn't be able to get them out today but would have them delivered before Christmas.

#6 ·
What great pics and videos. I hope we get snow this year so that my hounds can play.

~Heather

#7 ·
Dozer-Digger, I hope you have a stockpile of supplies ready because it looks like it will be a while before y'all can dig out!!! I just saw the evening news and the reporter from Denver was covered in snow and the airport is closed. Just in time for all the holiday travel :rolleyes:

I have a good friend that was going to fly home for the holidays to Seattle but her flight to Denver got cancelled and I think she is just going to stay here for the holidays.

#8 ·
Dozer-Digger, I hope you have a stockpile of supplies ready because it looks like it will be a while before y'all can dig out!!! I just saw the evening news and the reporter from Denver was covered in snow and the airport is closed.[/b]
I just stocked up on dog food, but I might have to dig down into the freezer after tomorrow.

It's a mess here. The Governor declared a statewide emergancy, and is sending National Gaurd troops to search for stranded motorist. Every highway in the state is closed, and the neighboring county is parking the snow plows until it stops snowing. The wind is blowing so much, that the snow just piles up behind the snow plows. I'm getting some small 12-18" drifts in town, but I heard there are 6-8 FOOT drifts out in the country.

By the way, I can't hardly keep the boys inside. They just came in, and are soaking wet. They rest and dry off, then head right back out again.

#10 ·
Your weather made our local news - in a story about the Cincinnati Bengals playing in Denver Christmas Eve! (Go Bengals! :D )
It remains unusually mild here - 50s today. Spencer spent most of the day in the yard - running the fence with the neighbor dog & chasing squirrels. He does enjoy snow, though. I hope we get some this year so he can play in it.

#11 ·
Well it's after 11:00PM, it's still snowing, and the boys are outside AGAIN.

Time to come inside, and get ready for bed.

Pictures are a little dark/fuzzy, photoshopped to lighten, and pointed out the hounds.

Digger jumping on the picnic table. Fast action and poor lighting doesn't mix.

#17 ·
I really liked the videos! Particularly the one with the boys climbing up the biggest snow hill. You could tell they could see over the fence from there and were checking out the view! :p [/b]
My neighbor thought it was funny. He was shoveling his driveway, and looked over and saw he was being watched by Dozer & Digger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.