Basset Hounds Forum banner

Lakshi

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Nestor 
#1 ·
I am an animal lover and Basset Hounds are my favorite dog breed.
Currently I own a 2 year old basset and her name is Lily.

#2 ·
Lily has some serious allergy issues, I've taken her to vet for few times for the same,but no help. The last treatment she got was Cytopoint injection. Now she has a badly irritated pink skin and she's loosing so much hair.
I have a booked an appointment with a dermatologist and we will see her in mid September, It's a long time for me to wait and watch my poor baby suffer.
I'm really appreciative if anyone share their experiences with allergies.
Thank you

#3 ·
If allergy testing doesn’t reveal obvious results, Then the next step with allergies is eliminating suspected causes until she returns to normal.

When my previous Bassett Olivia had allergies, we started by eliminating ALL treats and went to the most hypoallergenic food the vet could recommend. Then we gradually added one thing at a time and observed her reaction until we found what was reactive. Turned out her allergy was poultry.

Her life is going to suck for a while without treats and the good food but eliminating variables is the only way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.