Vomit - Page 2 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnfr View Post
I don't want to freak you out, but my Abby was a "heavy drinker" Turned out she had renal issues. Her pee can be a sign. Is it clear and watery or is it yellow and consentrated? Abby's pee rarely smelled like urine and seemed to have kinda' an "oily" consistence. If this is her case, I would have it tested. Also had issues with her vomiting from drinking to much and too fast.
Already had it checked a few weeks after we got her for a possible UTI but all test came back negative. Its not oily and looks and smells like regualer pee. I know the days where she is super active and has a lot of water it starts to get more clear but I figured just because of the extra water like it does in us humans.
Sixguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey T

just for the record puppies vomit more readily than adult dog same with hiccups
Mikey T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnfr View Post
I don't want to freak you out, but my Abby was a "heavy drinker" Turned out she had renal issues. Her pee can be a sign. Is it clear and watery or is it yellow and consentrated? Abby's pee rarely smelled like urine and seemed to have kinda' an "oily" consistence. If this is her case, I would have it tested. Also had issues with her vomiting from drinking to much and too fast.

ok so you have ME freaked out then...
was the vomiting directly related to the renal issues?
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey T View Post
just for the record puppies vomit more readily than adult dog same with hiccups
She seems to get the hiccups if she drinks to fast. I find it to be cute though.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

FWIW Isabel was and is a bit of a vomiter in the mornings. She doesn't eat particularly fast but she does like to have a big drink afterwards - I never limit water - but I do after her breakfast. She's aloud a few gulps and then I take the water bowl up for an hour. She's had a long sleep and hasn't had a drink since 11-12pm. So she probably is thirsty but not great after she's scarfed up her breakfast. She still vomits roughly once a month and eats it straight after . I asked my vet about this and she said maybe she wants her breakfast twice. But if yours - sorry don't know her name- is drinking A LOT of water and you aren't denying it at any times (as I know some peeps take water away completely) I would have her checked out.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
FWIW Isabel was and is a bit of a vomiter in the mornings. She doesn't eat particularly fast but she does like to have a big drink afterwards - I never limit water - but I do after her breakfast. She's aloud a few gulps and then I take the water bowl up for an hour. She's had a long sleep and hasn't had a drink since 11-12pm. So she probably is thirsty but not great after she's scarfed up her breakfast. She still vomits roughly once a month and eats it straight after . I asked my vet about this and she said maybe she wants her breakfast twice. But if yours - sorry don't know her name- is drinking A LOT of water and you aren't denying it at any times (as I know some peeps take water away completely) I would have her checked out.
Padmé is her name . We do take her water away at times because she will drink non stop if we dont. We will put some down after she eats, after playing, and after walks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement