Snow - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Snow

Today we had our first "real" snow here in SW Virginia. I was so excited to see how Ellie would respond.

Jake loves the snow, he hops thru it, uses his nose like a snow plow....

Ellie, I guess she is a tropical girl... not a fan of the snow, wants nothing to do with it....Put her out... Nope! not going to potty in THAT!

It really surprised me... she is so fearless with everything else. I guess that nasty white stuff is her achilles heel!

Sophie (ATB (1996-2010)
Abby (ATB 2010 - 2012)
Jake (2001 - )
Ellie (2012 - )
Jnfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just started here about 10 pm. Heavy wet snow w/ lots of moisture in it. Maybe some rain still. Norm likes it. How much did ya'll get in SW Va?
newton'sdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Snow

We're above freezing here for the fourth day in a row. This weekend we'll be -20 so trying to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default Snow

This morning here in south England we woke to snow, around two inches outside. Our joey was like what the hell...I'm not going out there! I even ran out in my pyjamas to try get him out but it wasn't happening. I put some in my hand for him to see. He sniff sniff sniff...then ate it lol.

Needless to say he had his toilet in the kitchen . I think it's going to be a challenge getting him out for his walk this morning!!! X

Lisa and joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

We've had snow here since Monday, luckily Bella loves it, though not sure how she'll like it when we get this next lot later today, it might take her beyond her comfortable limit. Short legs are sometimes a disadvantage.

QUOTE=Lisa and joey;160617]This morning here in south England we woke to snow, around two inches outside. Our joey was like what the hell...I'm not going out there! I even ran out in my pyjamas to try get him out but it wasn't happening. I put some in my hand for him to see. He sniff sniff sniff...then ate it lol.

Needless to say he had his toilet in the kitchen . I think it's going to be a challenge getting him out for his walk this morning!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App[/QUOTE]
nuttypigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default Snow

Aww nuttypigs your from Yorkshire. I lived North Yorkshire for around 4 years before. X

Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton'sdad View Post
I just started here about 10 pm. Heavy wet snow w/ lots of moisture in it. Maybe some rain still. Norm likes it. How much did ya'll get in SW Va?
We got about 4 inches where I live (Roanoke county) but higher elevations like Bent Mountain got 12 inches (only 10 miles away) really depends on the elevation

Sophie (ATB (1996-2010)
Abby (ATB 2010 - 2012)
Jake (2001 - )
Ellie (2012 - )
Jnfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa and joey View Post
This morning here in south England we woke to snow, around two inches outside. Our joey was like what the hell...I'm not going out there! I even ran out in my pyjamas to try get him out but it wasn't happening. I put some in my hand for him to see. He sniff sniff sniff...then ate it lol.

For once in my life (and having lived in Canada where it actually went on about 3 months too long ......) I'm actually envious because here on the N.Cornwall coast we have ABSOLUTELY NO SNOW It's actually brighter outside, but so far this morning it's been dull, damp, and cold. All of the nasty, with none of the 'nice'. The rest of the UK is blanketed with the stuff now (for those who are not in the UK)

ps Get your hounds out there - once they've taken the plunge, they'll love it, provided youi don't leave them standing around it it, and if it's really deep, you dig channels through the snow for your boys (ouch)
FranksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey T

[quote]it might take her beyond her comfortable limit. Short legs are sometimes a disadvantage.[quote]

FWIW toughy loved snow the deeper the better 3 ft of powder not a problem the belly acts like a toboggan and you porpose up and down to plo through he would pack down his own trails
Mikey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default Snow

We managed to get out in it for a little while. Joey shuffled it along with his nose. But it's all melting now as it stopped snowing this morning. Maybe snow again tonight. It's all horrible slush now x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement