Question about breeding - Page 2 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

Unfortunately we have Tampa city ordinance and unincorporated Tampa. Different police agencies and ordinances. Believe me, they have all been out here and the question of "what is reasonable barking" plays a huge part of this problem. We are suppose to be entitled to "reasonable" quiet living between certain hours and they are not suppose to bark for an "unreasonable length of time" . None of what I just said matters to anybody except all of the families living around him. I am going to get the loud horn. The elderly man next door to him bought one and the dog guy knocked on the old mans door and complained about it. A few months back, I complained about him and 2 nights later a high powered pellet gun was used to blow holes through my spare bedroom window. That window faces his property. Yep it's a crime and I demanded an investigation. No proof that he did it.
We all love and take care of our dogs. I really don't know how breeders operate from their homes. Meaning.....the logistics behind it. I am just not familiar with the process. Where are these puppy mills that we all talk about and how do they operate? Have any of you seen a mill?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
mydawgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

I think someone above said it best. He is simply not a responsible owner. I don't even know if he is "breeding" but what else could someone do with that many dogs? He needs a big piece of property that is not located within a tight residential neighborhood.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey T

Most breeder and virtual all reputable breeder operate out of their home other whise the puppies when growing up are not properly socialized to the living enviorment that they will encounter when adult and this is were many behavioral problems originate.

"Puppy mills" does not have a universal definition and it mean quite diffrent things to different people so as a means of comunication it is quite ineffective term. That said IMHO the best defination of a Puppy MIll is a commercial breeding opperation. That is dogs that are raise are generally sold through a wholesale distribution market ending up on pet store shelves and the like,. They may or may not be substandard in the care the give the breeding dogs , but it is widly assumed that they are however many of the standard that they have to meet could never be met by someone raising dog in their home.
Mikey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey T

Any time an ordinance like that of Tampa's even the city ordinance does not in specific term define the violate it is virtually impossible to enforce. because resonable people will disagree on what is reasonable. keep in mind tampa does have a noise ordance with regard to other thing but specifical exempts dogs for it,

however there are ordance on the size of lots vs the size of kennel etc depending when the kennel first came into existance they may be grandfather .

The point however is this simple you can not expect to make an unreasonable person reasonable. any attempt to do so usually results in them becoming even more unreasonable.

Last edited by Mikey T; 01-15-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Mikey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

Man that would be just horrible. I would also look into a security camera so if he uses the gun you will have it on tape.

He has 2 very energetic breeds that probably never get out of that yard. My Pit Bull would be bouncing off the walls. People are so stupid.
Herzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

I dont understand how people can not care about the noise their animals create.
we're so self conscious about it.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Just start hittin the owner with water balloons every time he leaves his house until he gets his dogs under control.

The neighbor kids here kept ding dong ditching my house, so I had a basket of water balloons waiting for them. They don't ring my door bell and run away anymore...
Fred,Pickle-n-Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #18 (permalink)

Thank you for the responses. It has been horrible. I wake up and go to sleep to those dogs bouncing around and barking in those cages. I have a pic of the yard from my upstairs window and I will try to post it. I can only describe them as cages. They are metal...chain link ..tall cages. Some are covered and some are not covered. He has a small backyard and there is nothing else in his back yard except dog cages. He has room to walk through the yard but that is it. I can't sit by my pool, leave my windows open or talk on the phone outside.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #19 (permalink)

Default Question about breeding

I found his web sites. If you google either of these....quickfirejacks or quickfirepitbulls.....you will find his sites. He makes it sound so pleasant to be a dog in his care, but I tend to think differently. ....Now I have a new question after reading his sites and finding out a little more about him. He works as an electrician from 8-6 so he is gone all day five days a week. He is obviously not a responsible breeder or trainer, but do breeders/trainers leave 16 dogs in cages in their back yard all day? do they typically have a full time job other than caring for the animals? Just curious. Now I need to find out if operating a kennel in my neighborhood is illegal. Guess I am just venting. Mikey if you read this.... What else can you recommend?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #20 (permalink)

I would have to say most would have to have a full time job as dog breeding if done properly (and we do know this guy is not ) does not make enough to pay the bills.

So that part is not so strange. He just isn't doing right by those dogs.
Herzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement