Kong toys - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Kong toys

I've heard a lot of good ratings on these kong toys. Joey has a lot of toys but gets bored quick and attacks the sofa or side table.
I've just ordered a kong puppy medium sized toy for him. What kind of things do you shove inside them?? I heard peanut butter is good then frozen !! X

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Lisa and joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mine like peanut butter and pumpkin pie filling. I don't buy the "store fillers" as they are pretty expensive. Usually during the warmer months I freeze them for a bit (not rock solid) in winter, not so much.

Sophie (ATB (1996-2010)
Abby (ATB 2010 - 2012)
Jake (2001 - )
Ellie (2012 - )
Jnfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Basset isn't the least bit interested in this sort of toy although he loves his 'Frankie-Blankie' which is a small piece of fleece which gets manic attention when he's waiting for food or his walks.

On the other hand my Whippet absolutely adores her Kong - but the Wubba which she rags mercilessly. It's very scarey and if you consider what might happen to a rat or squirrel with the same treatment ........ Frankie heads for the opposite end of the room when she starts this!!

ps The Wubba lasts for AGES.
FranksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

My late basset was not interested in toys either but my mix breed loves to chew up stuffed animals-until she gets the squeaker out. Then she loses interest. But I gave a Kong to my best friend for her boxer puppy & he wears it out. So far she hasn't filled it with food as he plays with it anyway. BTW I only let Mollie have "stuffies" under supervision.
Susan
bakinforbassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Molly has a Kong that I fill with peanut butter now and then. It doesn't keep her busy for long. She will just lick all the peanut butter that she can reach easily, and then give up when all that's left is a little bit inside that she can't reach. I've heard that other dogs will spend tons of time painstakingly licking every bit of it.

She also has a Kong Genius, that has some holes for treats. She will play with that for a pretty long time, but tends to get frustrated since she can't get the treats out. I usually put a couple of the treats just barely in, so they're halfway hanging out, so she'll get those. And then she'll work on it for a while afterward. I washed it yesterday and had a devil of a time trying to get the remaining treats out.

She's not too much into toys overall.
Wioleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to srwafu

Frida ignored the silly thing for 4 weeks when we first put it down - then one magical day she realised there are treats inside, now she plays hapily with it for hours, even when all the treats have come out, she takes a looooooooong time before she gives up
srwafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement