Your basset - Page 3 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #21 (permalink)

Basset hounds have always been a breed I was interested in and wanted to have. Clumber or Sussex Spaniels, bloodhounds, Great Dane, pumi are more or less in this catorgory. After doing the research, I decided on a Basset Hound and found Norman on Craigslist and went to see him not to Adopt but he ran over and jumped in my lap. Three days later he was mine. Would expand on story but the boss is demanding his morning trip to the dog park.
newton'sdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #22 (permalink)

Had Dobermans and decided I needed a dog who didn't need cosmetic surgery,taking care of puppies ears so they stand correctly was not what I wanted to spend my time on. Went to a local dog show,while walking around looking for a wash and wear breed I came upon a basset on a grooming table,watched him in the ring and decided the breed was right for me.Unfortunately, there were not a lot of good breeders in 1986 who cared to sale a puppy to 1st time owners of the breed. We had a young family so the funds were not there to afford a good representitive either.Got Cinnamon from an ad in the paper,she was from hunting dogs ,shorter ears, etc but I wanted to try my hand at showing ,yeah ,well, didn't go so well and no one wanted to give me an opinion of her ,thanks show people,of course they thought if they did I'd run back to the breeder and tell her what they said. At one of the shows a little old lady named Ola DeGroat(De-Alo bloodlines) took me under her wing and bred one of her champion studs to my girl and I was on my way to showing and having bassets.
bubbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #23 (permalink)

Sounds like a vicious group. You would think they would want new people interested to keep things going. People!!
Herzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement