Dentals close together? - Page 2 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'm thinking of getting something to have, Turtle has something wrong with a tooth and the vet is still looking into it. Just the one side has some buildup and I had to put her on antibiotics for the tooth now her ear has blown up and am treating that.

If it's not one thing it's another. I had read some where that antibiotics can cause yeast infection and I am believing it.
Herzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksMum View Post
I too am suspicious about exactly what went on here. If your hound had a dental (I didn't know plaque was graded ) so shortly before the second one, why did you agree that they went ahead?
His gums were red (near bleeding) again and the tartar was calcified on his teeth, subgingival plaque...levels I and II are reversible. Level III/IV are generally not reversible so I couldn't let his mouth progress to the point of no return (Level III results in a loss of 10-30% of bone support). I'm pretty sure we were being scammed by the FIRST vet in September. (Which is one of the reasons I left and found the new vet.) The first vet was super scammy and straight up lied about several procedures. I think I'll chock up this dental to the first vet not doing his job. My new vet said I shouldn't have to bring him in again for another year as long as I occasionally brush his teeth.

I'll look into the CET and get a finger brush so I can prevent the buildup on my own.
Former Foster Mom to [/SIZE][SIZE=1] Domino (A 3/13), Dustin Hoffman (A 11/13), Murphy (A 12/13) Jamiedoxie/basset (A 6/12),Taz & Tommy (trans. to med care 4/12) Ashley (A 3/12)Gwendolyn (A 2/12)and Dudley (A 8/11)
SarahRainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Some dogs just have bad teeth. Pepper has the worst teeth I've ever seen in a Basset - she's only 5 and when she has her next dental she will probably lose most of her remaining teeth. She gets the same care and eats the same diet as the others. I've had dogs go their whole lives without needing a dental, and others that need it on a regular basis. Just depends on the individual.
Chili-Ch Soundtrack Spice Up Your Life
Curry-Ch Soundtrack Canadian Brass
Pepper-Ch Pennieslogon Living La Vida Loca CGN
Vina-Ch Soundtrack Grand Illusion
Leila-Ch Soundtrack Almost Paradise
Deela-Ch Soundtrack Wink Of An Eye
Hermione - Soundtrack Spellbound
Eowyn - Soundtrack Rain Dance
Soundtrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement