Will he ever sleep all night?!?! - Page 2 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

LOL I'd keep him in bed with you. My three do and we all usually get a good nights sleep. Do you take him out for his last night walk? An hour or so after his dinner - it does wonders - knocks them out....
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby08 View Post
We do not free feed him and water is taken away around 6ish.
You know we have been going on about this but I wouldn't deny water. My girls have their last potty around 11pm and they have a big drink afterwards. Before bed. It has never interfered with potty training or having to go out in the middle of the night - my Izzy was housebroken before 4 months and she always had water. If anything I think if you deny water it might make things worse - any animal deserves to have water at any time....
Old 12-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
You know we have been going on about this but I wouldn't deny water. My girls have their last potty around 11pm and they have a big drink afterwards. Before bed. It has never interfered with potty training or having to go out in the middle of the night - my Izzy was housebroken before 4 months and she always had water. If anything I think if you deny water it might make things worse - any animal deserves to have water at any time....
Agree with shakespeare, have never left a dog with out water, believe it should be available whenever they wish to drink. One of ours always has a drink before or after he goes out for the last time at night & that varies depending on when I go to bed & it has never made any difference. Once they are settled don't think they do drink but it's there should they want it. Do you go with him when he is let out last thing, I know it's a pain but always a good idea to either take him out on lead to begin with so he doesn't play around or go with him to ensure he does go. I use a command such as 'be busy' which is great to get him used to & take him to the same spot. Best wishes & good luck.
Vectisvagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement