Skin so soft on Riley - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Skin so soft on Riley

I have been using skin so soft from Avon on Riley for his dry itchy skin and it has worked wonders! I stumbled on a dog forum about a month ago and skin so soft was the topic. I wish I had been using this on all of my hounds from the beginning. It has really helped his dry skin and also it is a mosquito repellent and the best part is that he smells fabulous!! The vet said it was fine so I thought I better post my experience about it. I use the spray. I spray it sparingly on his coat and I brush him gently or use my hands to get it under his fur. I don't use it on his head and he has no interest in licking at it. (Surprisingly!) I also read you can put a little in their bath water. Also, I only use it on him once or twice a week. Might be good for allergy season.
mydawgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

I know I swear by it for myself, rather than the stinky repellants.. even my Dad uses it! Never thought about the dogs!

Sophie (ATB (1996-2010)
Abby (ATB 2010 - 2012)
Jake (2001 - )
Ellie (2012 - )
Jnfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Lol. I know! I am not kidding! Someone from "an itchy thread" asked what kind of SSS that I use... It is the plain bath oil and I just pour it in a spray bottle. It's worth a try on the dry skin. It is hot here... I live in Florida so I wouldn't use it as a solo repellent, but for skin and for him to smell better... It is my new best friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yes I use the dry oil green one when we're camping in Scotland in the summer, the scottish midges are wicked beasties, but they stay well away from me.

I still chuckle when I think of Avon's reaction that their lovely smelling product is well known in the UK as a fly repellant, god forbid if they ever discontinue it.

It's good to know I can use it on Bella too. Though not too sure how she'd react to it, if it's anything like the spot on flea stuff, it will end up rubbed all over my carpets.
nuttypigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

I thought Riley might want to check it out but he doesn't pay attention to it at all. I had been looking for some alternative to the drugs for itching. (None of them seemed to work very well) he had developed a few hotspots in the front armpits and his skin was soooo dry on his back. My friend uses apple cidar vinegar on her hound for hotspots and red areas. Has anybody tried apple cider vinegar for hotspots?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement