Why are two better than one? - Page 2 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #11 (permalink)

Gotta agree that 2 are easier than 1 but I had a dog awhile ago that just did not want to share the attention. Brought a pup home for her to bond with and she actually tried to kill it much to my horror. Needless to say, the pup went back. Broke my heart cause I love to watch two dogs interact but some thrive and some just want no part of it...I now have two and it's wonderful to watch...can't imagine having 5 or 11.....you gotta love em"!!!
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)

Double the trouble.. But I can't imagine not having both.. Not only do they keep themselves occupied, they are inseparable. One cries if the other isn't seen..or the other one always wants the bone the one has.. It's hilarious to see them interact.. They are sisters for life

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Attached Thumbnails
Why are two better than one?-imageuploadedbypg-free1354899420.827245.jpg  
Lemontart01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

We have brother and sister and yes they are the two most loving babies my wife who swore no dog wiuld sleep with her has them both in bed with us and we wouldnt have it any other way and they are inseperable best friends.The cost is a bit I mean it was 700.00 to have them both fixed and stuff but they are great babies and they are wonderful with our daughters they love them to pieces they are at the door when the bus comes and Faith gets home from school she yells Flashy thats our boy and then she yells Bella boo our girl. I would definetely do two again! !!!
Flash and bella's daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrack View Post
11 is even better!
Sounds great but my wife would kill me.

FranksMum
QUOTE People often ask, when they see me with my now one Basset out, why you don't see them that often. My answer is because we don't usually have just one, so being out 'in public' isn't an option. You'll be more likely to find us out across the local countryside QUOTE

So true. If I take one or two with me there will be hell to pay later.
Carly Ann - Toy Poodle
Copper -(Speed-bump) Basset
dreamons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Oh Princess, please tell me that if you get another it'll be Prince Humperdink! Or the Dread Pirate Roberts!

Question for those of you with 2 or more- what do you do when you leave the house? We always crate Ginger - and don't leave her for long periods. But I wondered if two if you have 2 crates side by side? Or how you do it?
rebobinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

What works for us best is for me to sit on the sofa with a hound on each side, and stroke them til they are asleep, whilst I do this, the 5 children stealth out of the house, then it's just a silent hurdle of the stair gate for me to join kids and husband....

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
TheBeamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

My parents' dogs are usually together in the same crate, but they do also have another crate for times when they want to separate them. They have a big dog and a little dog, and the little one would be too cold by herself (the crates are usually in the garage, but they do bring them into the house when it gets really cold out.)
Wioleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

Only thing I do when I leave is shut the bathroom and bedroom doors. They have dog doors so can come and go as they please...am in a rural area and not worried about them being stolen...fence is pretty much a non-enter one. Am not gone long though (the most 4 hours, which isn't very often). I do try to leave for awhile every day to keep them use to it...they get a treat when leaving and treat when coming home....never once have I had anything out of place...I swear that they either sit at the window waiting or sleep the time away....(knock on wood)...
Old 12-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #19 (permalink)

I'd love to have ten in the countryside.
But three are even better than two. One of my favourite times is 6pm when I've been working - the girls had their midday walk - and they had their snooze. They sleep in my office and come back to life at 5.45pm, tails going, loud yawns and stretches - great time to stop. So we sit on the sofa Margs on my lap and Iz and Lula by my side and watch the news.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

We put up a gate at entrance to hallway, close the 2 bedroom doors, and both bathroom doors. They have run of the hallway, master bedroom and a doggie door that leads out to the back yard. We don't use crates.
Carly Ann - Toy Poodle
Copper -(Speed-bump) Basset
dreamons is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement