My Foster Basset Needs Help! - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My Foster Basset Needs Help!

Hi everyone,

I am trying to raise funds for a necessary surgery for my sweet Basset, Buddy. I can afford a portion of the cost, and have built a donation page through MicroGiving to help raise the rest. Buddy is a good dog--he has been saved once, and with help, I know he will be again.

Please visit this page, and if you feel compelled to donate, we would be forever grateful. Five dollars, ten dollars... Every bit makes a difference. Don't hesitate to respond here or message me if you have any questions or would like further information.

Love,
Megan
(and Buddy and Lucy)

Link to donate:
Saving Buddy Dog for Christmas! | MicroGiving.com

Last edited by Megan M.; 11-26-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Megan M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Who are you fostering him for?
Chili-Ch Soundtrack Spice Up Your Life
Curry-Ch Soundtrack Canadian Brass
Pepper-Ch Pennieslogon Living La Vida Loca CGN
Vina-Ch Soundtrack Grand Illusion
Leila-Ch Soundtrack Almost Paradise
Deela-Ch Soundtrack Wink Of An Eye
Hermione - Soundtrack Spellbound
Eowyn - Soundtrack Rain Dance
Soundtrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Also wondering who the vet is - I think in situations like this it's good to have that info.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

I am fostering both of the pups for my mom, who lost her job and has since decided to return to school to obtain a nursing degree. It has been a long road for our whole family, but taking the dogs in has been my major contribution in easing her financial burdens. She finishes her degree in March and will hopefully get a job shortly afterward, but I doubt I'll be able to part with the kids!

I have a full estimate from the vet (Dr. Jessica Gambriell out of Tacoma, WA) which includes all of the recommended work, including (since he will already be under general anesthesia) dental cleaning and a tooth extraction. The vet let me know that I can pick and choose from any of the procedures on the estimate to help alleviate costs. All together the total comes to $799.96. For removal of just the largest cyst, the total is appx. $433.50, and for removal of all three cysts, the total is appx. $538.50, before tax.

I think I plan to get all of the recommended work done, because poor Bud has some pretty nasty tartar build up, and the vet is pretty worried about one tooth in particular. Since he is getting older, I don't think he'll be able to handle being put under for too much longer, so I think it is smart to get as much preventative care done now as I can. What do you think? Have you ever had your Bassets' teeth cleaned?

I am hoping to get help with the cyst removal portion of the bill, and will cover the rest. Also, just fyi, the fundraising website I am using takes 10% out of each donation before I have access to the funds.

Hope that helps!

Love,
Megan (and Buddy)
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

What clinic is she at? If anyone donates, it will be directly to the clinic, I believe, so you will need to PM the info if anyone responds. I hope it works out and Buddy gets the care he needs.

-San.
-SAN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

She is at Value Pet Clinic in Tacoma, WA. Donations can be made through the fund I have set up at microgiving.com (link below). You can read all about how the funds are set up and how the money gets transferred on the website.

We have already raised $250, so I am optimistic that we will be able to schedule Buddy's surgery soon. I'm already having to separate Lucy so she doesn't try to lick his owies. Poor pups!

DONATE HERE (or at least check out the adorable video of the snow pups...!)
Saving Buddy Dog for Christmas! | MicroGiving.com

Love,
Megan, Buddy and Lucy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement