Things to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving! - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Things to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving!

Every Thanksgiving I always take the week off. Last year, we adopted Ethel, very sick and I spent my whole week off nursing her back to health, vet vists 2 times a day, was taught to inject a dog, nebulize a dog and steam bath and litterally thump her lungs to help clear them of the Phnumonia that was close to taking her life.

Here I am a year later, cooking my pies and getting the house ready for tomorrows excessive feast ready for 16 and I just stopped and yelled at the hoodlems yet again, to stop wrestling on the vaccumed carpet, drooling water on the freshly mopped floor, stealing the ironed napkins off the table

I thought I was going insane, but no pickle just reminded me that she is upto the challenge of some turkey this Thanksgiving! Hopefully her lazy a$$ will get out of bed in the morning in time to watch the Thanksgiving parade while I cook my toosch off!!

Gotta be Thankfull for a Basset this Thanksgiving!
eclairs mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

It's the best holiday - no gifts or huge fuss! Very jealous we don't have it here
Old 11-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm so jealous we have no thanksgiving celebration in the UK.

I might just cook up a storm tomorrow anyway, I'll find an excuse!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
- Unknown
Bella's Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Shakespeare and Bellas mum I'm a brit, married my mr X 20 years ago. Thanksgiving has become my tradition over here, best way I can explain it is its an English Chistmas without the hype! Its mt favorite holiday!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

@ Ethels Mom... you truly have something to be thankful for.... a (healthy) food stealing pup! She is a lucky little girl to have you as her Mom!

Like I said in the tread I started... if you don't normally celebrate Thanksgiving... give it shot. It is a great day to spend with family & pig out on a great meal. OH, and football too!

Sophie (ATB (1996-2010)
Abby (ATB 2010 - 2012)
Jake (2001 - )
Ellie (2012 - )
Jnfr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

eclairs mom WOW!!! Now thatís a story with a great ending!!!! Love them happy endings

Iím thankful for every day I get to wake up and have hound drool splashed all over my face by Mabel & Page while they kiss every inch of it and knock me flat on the floor. And Iím thankful every night when I go to bed that we made it through another day Lucy didnít flatten Page & Mabel or break them in two.

And on a peps note Ė and because itís on topic I thought I would share this poem I just found

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you donít already have everything you desire, If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you donít know something, For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations, Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge, Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes, They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when youíre tired and weary, Because it means youíve made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things. A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive. Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.

Author Unknown~

Jen~
Momma to Rickie age 6 ~ Shi-Poo (donít tell him though Ė he thinks heís a hound dog)
Momma to Flash ~ Basset Hound Ė RIP 2000 ~ 2011 Ė Gone in body but with me in spirit ~ You will live on forever in my heart baby ~ Je t'aime
houndmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclairs mom View Post
Shakespeare and Bellas mum I'm a brit, married my mr X 20 years ago. Thanksgiving has become my tradition over here, best way I can explain it is its an English Chistmas without the hype! Its mt favorite holiday!
I love christmas I'm worse than the kids so I think I'd love it!

Houdmomma, love the poem, so very true.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
- Unknown
Bella's Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah poochies! You did me proud, only one Cocker Spaniel on the appitizer table srealing goodies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement