Play vs Fight - Page 2 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Lol Barney! Margot has a session at 6.30 pm When Dad comes home and the world is great! x And she's a girl!

Last edited by shakespeare; 11-16-2012 at 04:29 PM.
shakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney'spal View Post
LOL...Barney humps Toby just about every night at 5:45pm....must be very time orientated cause it's just about to the minute. They are both neutered and it doesn't last but a minute or two but kinda pitiful to watch...her head, her back, anything he can capture....she just gives him the "evil" look and squirms away...he weighs 50 and she's 25 pounds....gotta be a man thing.
not necessarily.
i hump CB's head on friday nights.
He hoomin goes to bed early to run the next morning and we misbehave for she homin when that happens
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

My two play very rough and sometimes it worries me as well, but I just let them go at it until one of them says enough is enough. The jack russell is usually the first to give in and he will scream his little head off like he's really hurt, but I know better. It took me a month or so to understand he wasn't really hurt, so I just tell him to shush. 2 minutes later he's instigating play again. Of course there have been a couple real fights, but I just break it up and move on. Don't feel bad if there are real fights, they can't always get along when they are with each other 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Oh and humping....Domino is always trying to hump Edee. Its hilarious cuz he does it on her head or her side, and she just does a quick 360 flip to get away and Domino is content until the next day.

Last edited by momofedee; 11-16-2012 at 04:49 PM.
momofedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

LOL Izzy has a great friend that she grew up with - Tabitha the lab and they take turns on humping heads. You have to let them do their thing.....
Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey T

Quote:
It's completely normal and necessary.
Dogs Use Non-Aggressive Fighting to Resolve Conflicts

Is Your Dog’s Rough Play Appropriate?

Puppy license and adult behavior–STOP SEPARATING PLAY.
Mikey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

I am also dealing with psycho puppy syndrome. Ellie gets these wild tears. Hitting every toy we own, jumping on and nipping Jake (so far he has been really tolerant, but I know the correction is coming) racing around the house.

She gets wild, Seems to make Jake Horny and he tries to hump her. I discourage it and just tell him "NO, don't hump your baby sister... that is just wrong!" He quits.

then the barking back and forth (like right now!) It will pass! I just hope it wears Ellie out a bit!

We've not had anything that classifies as a "fight" There are some corrections from Jake, but as long as no blood, I let them work it out. (he is being much more tolerant than I expected!) He's such a Good Boy!

Sophie (ATB (1996-2010)
Abby (ATB 2010 - 2012)
Jake (2001 - )
Ellie (2012 - )
Jnfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #17 (permalink)

Thanks everyone for your advice! Oscar is obviously not giving in anymore. In fact when we let them go potty, he will run and nip Emma's ears and send her in a fury. She clearly was mad and barked back but he still kept coming at her. She couldn't even potty in peace now! And I should still let them work it out the themselves?

How long last a dogs play last typically? Mine just go on and on.....sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Emma's mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #18 (permalink)

Period of readjustment? Oscar hasn't had the best of appetite since we took Emma home. He probably is eating half of usual and needs a lot of coaxing most of the time. Is it normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Emma's mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #19 (permalink)

Aw Emma's Mom....I really do feel for you...Can't help with Oscar not eating what he should...never had that problem but from day one I fed Toby in the bathroom and Barney in the kitchen...I would guess that Oscar is still adjusting....One thing I did that seemed to help was make a point of loving on them both at the same time...it seemed to reassure them that we all belonged to the pack. They say that you should also spend some alone time with each....to tell the truth, I didn't do too much of that but it's probably a good idea.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

In this house I am the main puppy care taker. However, daddy makes special Boy Time for he and Jake. a much needed break from the constant energy from the puppy. I try to give Jake Mommy time, but usually Ellie tries to butt in on that... we have to sneak it when she is sleeping!

Sophie (ATB (1996-2010)
Abby (ATB 2010 - 2012)
Jake (2001 - )
Ellie (2012 - )
Jnfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement