Shipping puppies - Page 3 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #21 (permalink)

I will see. Im not in a huge rush. Winters in NY are pretty worm recently. Im researching all the time so i will pick a good puppy. Im OK with taking home a puppy which is 4 or 5 moths old also.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
LOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Completely agree with Frank's Mum. If it is not necessary - don't ship. It's very traumatic for a puppy/dog at any age. Personally I would be very wary of any breeder that is willing to ship a puppy to someone that is new to the breed. Jeez I know a lot of breeders that want home visits to perspective newbies to see if it's a good home for their puppies (I would do the same). And Yes potty training is so much better in nicer weather!

Last edited by shakespeare; 11-18-2012 at 02:23 PM.
shakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

I did a lot of research on this before I brought Page home from PA to Chicago. I looked into both her flying with me and having to ship her because of the time of year I brought her back home with me weather could go either way and if the weather over any of the cities I was flying over had gone over the allowed temp the day/time of my flight – I would have had to ship her at a later date.

I called and spoke directly with the people that deal with the dogs and handle them – if an airline wouldn’t take the time to answer my questions they were taken off my list of options. Also if an airline doesn’t regulate the times of the year an animal can fly in regards to weather – again they are taken off my list. Depending on the time of year it’s either too cold or two hot for them. Just this summer two dogs that I know of died flying in cargo in United. They never should have been on the flight to begin with.

I ended up flying AA – And I couldn’t have asked for it to go any better – In less than five minute of me getting to baggage – Page and my luggage were there for me. I personally would also say I would never fly an animal United – but that’s a personal choice.

I would just research – research – research – it’s extremely scary and you have to feel good and live with whatever airline you decide to go with.

Good luck & I hope some of that helps….

Jen~
Momma to Rickie age 6 ~ Shi-Poo (don’t tell him though – he thinks he’s a hound dog)
Momma to Flash ~ Basset Hound – RIP 2000 ~ 2011 – Gone in body but with me in spirit ~ You will live on forever in my heart baby ~ Je t'aime
houndmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

It helps a lot! I noticed a lot of good breaded are in PA which is close to me so maybe I will just pick up puppy when time will come. Shipping is always a last option.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
LOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement