the growing stages of a basset - Page 2 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Just to "weigh" in for what it is worth...

Jake is 13 yo. and weighs around 65 lbs. He is not fat my any measure and the vet is very happy with his weight.

Abby, was 60 lbs. Vet was happy with her weight, but she was smaller than she should have been. Her parents where huge. More the size of mastiffs.

Ellie, at only 18 weeks, is around 20-25 lbs, The vet is happy with her weight and progress, but she seems kinda skinny but hasn't filled out yet. both of her parents were about Jake's size. I expect as an adult she will be between 50-60 lbs. (she has some really big feet!)

My folks have always had mini-doxies (I was raised with them) but she adores my basset, just wishes they made them "smaller". She would love it if they bred bassets in a "mini" that didn't get larger than 20 lbs. (Mom has weight lifting issues) Tho' I can honestly say, I too would like Mini-bassets. then again, I love the Heft of a larger dog, without the Height.

I love my bassets, but if I were to ever switch breeds, I would look at Blood Hounds, Great Danes or Labs. (I also love the look of Poolies (sp?) the Bob Marley dogs

Sophie (ATB (1996-2010)
Abby (ATB 2010 - 2012)
Jake (2001 - )
Ellie (2012 - )
Jnfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement