Bassets and there Funny Ways - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bassets and there Funny Ways

Hey eveyone!!!!! Flash just cracks me up so much that I was wondering what other peoples furry babies do that is funny. Flash has a little brother now (Maltese mix) and she will push him over and roll on him. It always brightens my day!!!! Please share some thing that Flash adn I can giggle at in the evenings.

Bear (Butt)- Poodle- RIP we love you very much, Im sad your gone, but heaven got a woderful dog
PrettyGirl-Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hoss likes to steal used fabric softener sheets from the clean laundry and run away with them like they are a prize. He also barks at the cat, even though the cat bats at him every time and our cat has his claws. He's fearless.
Hoss' Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Princess Buttercup

Mine just left a single kibble in her bowl... just not THAT hungry? Saving it for a midnight snack? Did that piece taste funny? Whaaaaat?!
Princess Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have a Great Dane ( duke ) and a Basset (bailey ) Bailey thinks its fun to play tug o war with my bathrobe tie every morning , there are mornings u need to get up early just to make sure we get in our little play time .. She likes to Kay in the floor holding my tie and I drag her all around the house !! Bassets and there Funny Ways-imageuploadedbypg-free1352269686.983371.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Bailey25500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Aw, how cute! Bailey looks very pleased with her little self!

-San.
-SAN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

At night all is quiet and I am immersed in reading, or the computer or TV, Maddie will wake up and lay on her side on the sofa or the futon and watch me for awhile, then she'll start whining intermittedly as though she is the lonliest Basset on the planet, until I look at her.

Once I do that, she thumps her tail a few times, then I HAVE to go over and sit by her and give her a good chest rub. She promptly turns on her back for this, with a huge sigh of deep contentment, until she decides a minute later that she has to go out and pee. lol.

-San.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

My favorite thing my boys do right now is when anyone has a toy or chew Hubert wants he will go to the door and scratch on it to go outside. When I go over and open the door usually Eeyore and Toby will abandon whatever they are playing with to go outside too, then Hubert runs to steal it. He has found this distraction technique works better than his usually method, which is just barking at them.
JustRoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

Where do you even begin with funny tales. My little (huge!) man never fails to crack me up. My favourite though is if he feels like he's being abandoned (ie. he doesn't get some attention for about 5 minutes!). He'll go to the rug, roll onto his back and do this thing with his front paws like he's riding a horse. It's really hard to explain but he just won't stop until I get down and rub his belly. When I stop, the paws start again.

My mother also has a massive soft spot for him. When she comes over and sits down on the sofa, he jumps up, works his way behind her so that he ends up at the side of her, and then nudges her arm with his nose until she lifts it up and puts it around him. He really is the most touchy-feely dog I've ever owned.
deano76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have a neighbor friend who visits usually on Wednesdays, and Maddie is completely besotted with her. My friend has an upper back injury that gives her a lot of pain, and when she comes over she lies down on the futon with pillows, and Maddie HAS to get up there and lay with her, falling asleep and snoring while we talk, LOL! This is the only person Maddie insists on cuddling with this much.

-San.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Jake, he will put himself up on a chair all by himself (when he could easily sit with one of us) and moan and groan (you'd think he was dying) until one of us joins him on "his" chair for belly and ear rubs. He also likes to sit in his daddy's arms like a baby and be read to from "The Big Book of BBQ". Funniest is he refuses to eat on Sunday mornings until Daddy gets up because he knows scrambled eggs are on the way (how does he know it is Sunday!!)

Ellie (the baby) is working on perfecting the most effective begging technique. So far she seems to think (and is right) that her daddy melts if she peers over the arm of the chair/sofa and slowly thumps her tail. She insists on sleeping on the pillow shams between the headboard and my pillows and wake me up with kisses. She loves licking Jake's ears (he likes that too) and will bark if she deems she is being neglected by hound or human. Weirdest is, she isn't interested in her own bowl of food unless I sit next to her while she eats or Jake shows any interest in it... then you would think the bowl was full of prime rib!

Sophie (ATB (1996-2010)
Abby (ATB 2010 - 2012)
Jake (2001 - )
Ellie (2012 - )
Jnfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement