where to buy clothes for my basset hound - Page 4 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #31 (permalink)

No not really. If there is a contact allergy and/or if the t- shirt helps him from ripping up his skin it's probably a good idea.
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #32 (permalink)

where to buy clothes for my basset hound-100.jpg

Says it all I think
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
- Unknown
Bella's Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #33 (permalink)

where to buy clothes for my basset hound-101.jpg

I need one of these
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
- Unknown
Bella's Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #34 (permalink)

Last week I was a Pet Co and they had a knit winter hat with ear holes and a tassel on top ($8) Almost bought it! This week, no where to be found. I don't knit, moms arthritis prevents her.

SO, any of you out there that can knit... a small business idea for you. Knit winter caps with earholes and a tassel on top... I have seen some goofy (and less than dignified ones on the Net) Also had a "tie" under the chin to keep it on.

If you knit it, and post it, I am in for 2 caps!

Then IF you are really feeling ambitious... sweaters. It is So hard to find anything for such a long big chested dog (maybe a matching set!)

I will be your first customer! Tho' I would prefer girl/boy colors.

Sophie (ATB (1996-2010)
Abby (ATB 2010 - 2012)
Jake (2001 - )
Ellie (2012 - )
Jnfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #35 (permalink)

Default Update on Virgil

So first I'd like to say thanks to everybody for all their kind words and defending me for putting my basset in shirts. I joined this forum not to be judged and ridiculed, but to seek advice from other dog owners. I will take the negative advice too. I never considered the fact that putting Virgil in clothes may effect the growth of his natural coat but a few of you are makin it bluntly clear that it's a horrible idea. Thanks for your input. But as others have said right now Virgil's skin issues is causing him the itch so much on his belly that the hair doesn't even grow its just the beat red cappy skin. Since I've had him in a shirt, his hair on his underside is actually growing back and looks better, not great yet! And I do try to put him in looser clothes so it's not to hot on him or obstructing his hair from growing. I finally ordered a bunch of shirts from petco. Turns ur their extra large is still way too small...frustrating! But besides the fact that the shirts still preventing him from itching or wanting to itch he's about the same. I tried putting goldbndpowder under his armpits and that seems to help a bit too. I am goin to try and post pics of his belly soon, I'm concerned about the bumps on his belly. Others had said they had bumps all over their body tht burst open. This isn't the case, he's had them for months and the vet wasn't too concerned but it makes me hesitant of putting powder or any sorta itching spay on the belly. Theres two that look like inverted nipples almost kinda black around what appears to me to be a hole but it doesn't bleed or anything.
I've Los tried feeding him little bit of cold cut green beans in addition to the hyperalleginic food. He loves it but still craves that tree bark. If I don't supervise him while he's out side he will just stand at the trunk of our big tree and rip off huge pieces of bark and devoir it.
Besides that his attitude and playfulness is still improving and back to normal with the shirts so illmkeep that up till we find a better solution.
Joanna_larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #36 (permalink)

ok, for what it's worth, when Lulu was very sick with cancer she was down to 25 pounds and it was January. So she wore a coat all the time because it was cold for her (she was lietrally skin and bones) and we also wanted to even out strangers' concerns for her appearance, which was very frail. Not dissimilar from a chemo patient wearing a hat or a wig. Everyone thought it was not only a good idea but also made her look very chic, as she was a beautiful grand old lady. Argyle suited her.

Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #37 (permalink)

Default pics

Ok so i have attached some pics. The first one shows virgils belly. Now this is the best it has looked in over a year. The belly is white maybe alittle pink, but thats only cuz i had the shirt on him other was it would be beat red and painful lookin.
the second couple pictures i tried to take but he wasnt liking it of what looks like an inverted nipple but i really cant tell they look painful and aren't really in the same area that nipples would be, so i am just worried about putting any sorta of anti itch spray directly on his belly because i feel like if it gets in those it will sting him to pieces. some of pics are blurred im sorry. The last pics is just him in his shirt. And with his teddybear... he loves that thing, sleeps with it in his mouth like that. if i take it away he will wake up and freak out. Sometimes if we are tired and falling to sleep in the living room or something, he will get up and go upstairs to bedroom (wherever he left teddy last) and come wandering back in a few minutes later with teddy so he can go to bed too! So cute.
Attached Thumbnails
where to buy clothes for my basset hound-2012-11-21_09.30.52.jpg   where to buy clothes for my basset hound-2012-11-21_09.31.17.jpg   where to buy clothes for my basset hound-2012-11-21_09.36.03.jpg   where to buy clothes for my basset hound-2012-11-21_09.30.21.jpg   where to buy clothes for my basset hound-2012-11-21_09.31.02.jpg  

where to buy clothes for my basset hound-2012-11-12_19.04.11.jpg   where to buy clothes for my basset hound-2012-11-12_19.05.57.jpg  
Old 11-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #38 (permalink)

Default one more pic of virgil

one more pic of virgil
Attached Thumbnails
where to buy clothes for my basset hound-2012-11-17_18.26.19.jpg  
Old 11-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #39 (permalink)

Looks like inverted nipples with dirt trapped in them. Yogi has one inverted nipple, gets a black waxy dirt in there. I just gently wipe it out. Doesn't seem to bother him at all. I think someone once told me you could use a little olive oil or coconut oil warmed up slightly and that would clean it right out but I've never done that. Dab a little on a sponge makeup applicator for a minute and wipe. Doesn't ever seem to bother him and it's been like that his whole life. He's 10 years old now.
Virgil is so adorable. Glad the shirt helps him.
How's the gas problem?

Last edited by Yogi's Mom; 11-25-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:37 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
wworm you got one in a steelers jersey by chance?
hee
sorry Estha, meforgots to answer you!!!

well actually wouldn't u know it, there is quite a Steelers fan contingency out here in California! i dunno where to get a Steelers jersey for dawgs tho... i bet prob in Pennsylvania. Here they sell lotsa doggie stuff for the San francico Giants and San Francisco 49ers, and San Jose Sharks (hockey). and now i gotta get dressed for the Rose Bowl and look for an outfit for that!

--sports fan,
Worm
Advertisement