Olive is a jerk. - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 05:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Olive is a jerk.

I'm sick. It's horrible, but I still have to let Olive and out guest dog, Chalupa out for potty breaks. Chalupa comes straight back to me as soon as she's done. She is about 12lbs and it's been in the upper 30's lately, but I tell myself she hurries because she just really likes me. Olive, on the other hand, rounded the side of our house and didn't come back for what felt like forever. So I'm standing out in the damp cold, sick and shivering, begging her to come back inside. I even shook a bag of treats, which usually works. I waited so long and begged so hard that I ended up on the ground in tears. Yeah, that's how sick I am.

So my hubs came from down the hall and told me to go to bed. I did. He stepped outside and called her name ONCE. She came running. She ran straight past him, down the hall, into our bedroom and leapt onto our clean bed...with muddy paws. So now I'm stuck in a muddy bed. And she also tried to stand on me this morning. So much for her being sensitive to my pain.

She is so mean sometimes.
I can't even argue with her about it 'cause she's a dog and doesn't understand. Grr.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

The Slave...err, Mama of
Olive Oyl/Olive Ball/Olive Noodle/Punkin/Diddle/Whinyface

Olive a Martini - Shaken, Not Stirred
OliveOyl1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

As much as we love them, our pets can make us nuts, can't they? When I get mad at mine, I have to remind myself that they are innocent, and aren't trying to make me mad, no matter how it feels like they are.

I don't beg Maddie to come inside; when she's cold or wet enough, she'll come to the door. Maybe ask hubby when he's home to take care of letting the dogs out for potty breaks while you're ill?

I shut the bedroom door also when ill and Mr. San is home.

-San.
-SAN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Good to know I'm not alone I started out calling her in the same as always, since the weather is awful and the last time I left the back door open for her, a mouse decided our home was the perfect shelter :/ Hubby was asleep, so I didn't want to be pathetic and wake him up just so I wouldn't have to go outside.

The Slave...err, Mama of
Olive Oyl/Olive Ball/Olive Noodle/Punkin/Diddle/Whinyface

Olive a Martini - Shaken, Not Stirred
OliveOyl1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

My dogs about drove me nuts last night, I am having a Lupus "flare" which means fever, along with less of other fun stuff. Well the dogs get incredibly clingy when I am flaring, and last night they were all over me. As my temp went up and down big but ole Cannoli was alternatively lovely to snuggle with and unbearably hot! My chihuahua wanted under the covers which involved repeatedly sticking her cold nose on my back. Argh.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have a bad leg. When Gandy jumps on it and I scream he just looks at me like "what's your problem."

CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Maddie knows when I'm ill. I have problems with motion sickness and vertigo severe enough to prevent me from driving, and when I have it I can't see very well. Can't tell how upright I am or anything, really, and although there is never any nausea, I feel so sick I've thought about suicide at times.

Maddie lies next to me and is very quiet; she doesn't ask for belly rubs, or tries to play or get any attention, really. She seems to understand that any movement can make me feel worse, so she tries to stay still. Normally she doesn't sleep with me on the bed at night, or if I take a nap during the day.

If I lie down because of the vertigo or because I hurt too much to remain upright, she knows the difference and is very gentle and concerned. She's such a lovely little dog.

If I'm just sleeping, however, she has no qualms about getting on the bed and talking to me until she wakes me up, the little newt.

-San.
-SAN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

I feel your pain, Buford's middle name is "the jerk." Hope you feel better soon.
Shortstack1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hope you feel better soon. Benson was a jerk this week. He was on his worst ever behaviour when my parents visited this week.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

do hope you feel better.

blondie will come in with a finger snap.

sophie is our little poop in that regard. also resort to shaking treat can which I hate to do as just reinforces behavior.
3kbasset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

You poor thing! People at work tell me about their dogs cuddling in bed with them when they are sick. My dogs jump in bed, jump on me, and start barking.
JustRoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement