Mabel & Page Action Photos - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Smile Mabel & Page Action Photos

You wouldn't know by looking at these photos - but these two sisters really do love each other - they love hard & play hard. These are some photos I took while playing around with my new camera. The black one is Page - the other is her sister/litter-mate Mabel.

Sorry it took me so long to get these up Bubbad

Momma to Rickie age 6 ~ Shi-Poo (dont tell him though he thinks hes a hound dog)
Momma to Flash ~ Basset Hound RIP 2000 ~ 2011 Gone in body but with me in spirit ~ You will live on forever in my heart baby ~ Je t'aime
houndmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

They are just gorgeous! Love the pictures with the three hounds all together..is the one on the left a bit older (mum?) they look like they're having a ball!!
Bella's Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Even Lucy joined the fun! And is that Rickie lurking in the background? Great pics! The sisters must be a handful. A fun handful, though

Molly McFreckles' World:
The adventures of a Basset Hound living with Addison's Disease and a baby brother named Winston
MollyMcFrecklesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wonderful pictures!! It must be so much fun for you to watch them play and interact together...I could watch mine all day.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

these are the best pictures!!!! I laughed and smiled!!!! our girls play like this too. gotta ask...with these great shots, what kind of camera did you get?
3kbasset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Great Pics! I know I can watch my babies all day long with a big silly grin.

(I too would like to know what camera you have... mine has some serious shutter lag and end up with "action" shots being basset butt blurs)

Sophie (ATB (1996-2010)
Abby (ATB 2010 - 2012)
Jake (2001 - )
Ellie (2012 - )
Jnfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

The trick is telephoto lens with the digital camera.I have a Nikon 5100 and Jen just got a Nikon 7000, I believe. If you use a point and shoot it hesitates before snapping the photo,so you miss the shot you really wanted.So frustrating! You can find good deals on line ,not cheap,but worth not missing the shots,an investment. I love mine she loves hers.
bubbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

Bella's Mum Thanks the one on the far left is Lucy my old gal shes almost 13 year old.

MollyMcFrecklesMom Yea I dont remember Lucy joining in the fun but Im glad she did - Its one of my favorite shots I just wish I would have had better lighting for it and all their heads up Ill try again. And yea thats Rickie lurking He and Lucy still dont want anything to do with either Mable and now Page. But its funny now that Page is here there have been a few times Lucy looks at Mabel with a youre not so bad look but she gets over it fast and goes back to not liking her.

Barney'spal I do love watching them together reminds me of one of them jokes I saw with a photo how dogs are so easily amused that it could play and chase their tail for over 10 minutes then they realized how they just sat and watch their dog play with their tail for over 10 minutes thats sooooo me.

3kbasset & Jnfr I hear yea we have to enjoy every minute we have with them dont we they grow so fast.

The camera I got was Nikon D7000 and for better action shots I also got the Nikon speed flash SB-700. And this zoom - AF-S VR NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED. I also got the flash because Im the worst at night shots. I get good photos of them but with the eyes glowing so with this flash you can redirect the light to not bounce off their eyes. Im still playing around Id like to take a class at the local CC if I can find one starting spring semester. Oh, and youll want to get a SD speed write card for your camera.

If you dont want to get this camera my daughter has the Nikon D5000 and loves it.

Jen~
Momma to Rickie age 6 ~ Shi-Poo (dont tell him though he thinks hes a hound dog)
Momma to Flash ~ Basset Hound RIP 2000 ~ 2011 Gone in body but with me in spirit ~ You will live on forever in my heart baby ~ Je t'aime
houndmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

Amazing photos. I wish I could take photos like that. Or get Benson to be so photogenic.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement