Boarding - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Boarding

I hate going on trips and not being able to take my bassett puppy (8 months) and my 9 year old yellow lab. I do however, love being able to watch them on the live webcam! We found a great boarding camp where they get to run around for several hours of the day and get to room together. They have several live webcams set up in the outdoor area as well as their boarding room. I love being able to watch them while being gone. There is always 2 cots in the room...but they are always snuggled up together on one!
Attached Thumbnails
Boarding-webcam.jpg  
Buddy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's awesome! I wish we had a place like that around here....
Shortstack1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm jealous!! As much as I love living in a remote area, I would really love to have some of the great stuff that most of you do. We have no dog parks, no pet stores where dogs can go, not even a dog groomer. My daughter in Milwaukee would take her dog to a bed and breakfast....very plush. Kept trying to get me to open one up but the insurance would kill me. Love the idea of webcams....must make it alot easier for you to be away.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

That is fantastic! Usually, when I have to travel, I have one of the vet techs do home visits. Jake and Abby are confined to the family room and kitchen area (where they are usually during the day when we work).

The vet tech comes twice a day for meals and potty, she usually sits and watches tv or a movie with them, occasionally spends the night. I think they are happier at home rather than a kennel.
Jnfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

We have a kennel/day care 3 blocks away, which is good since that is as far as Gandy can go in the car without puking or worse. They don't have a webcam though. I should suggest that to them. It would save them from having to answer our calls every few hours.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

When we go away Monty and Olly go to a dog sitter way out in the sticks. It's great, they get to live in her house and play with her dogs. A real home from home. I can never imagine putting them into kennels, they'd never forgive me!!!
loopylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

We haven't gone out for more than a day so far, but when we do, we're in a convenient situation. Our German landlady has told us a few times that she'll gladly come downstairs to feed, water, walk, play and cuddle Olive when we go on trips. She has a key, so security isn't an issue. If she's unavailable, our next door neighbor is a dog sitter
OliveOyl1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

I am very jealous. Benson seemed to have a good time whilst away and we joked they should have cameras. He came back a bit heavier and my husband saw the owners give him lots of treats.

He did come back stinking, we thought it was fleas, as he was scratching that much but we bathed and brushed him, much to his dislike and he was back to normal.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement