(new member) FRANTIC need help for my hurtin' hound - Page 3 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #21 (permalink)

Smile

I wasn't directing to my comments to anybody inparticular, but have seen these types of threads on a guinea pig rescue forum I'm a member of sometimes frighten off the OP when the written word has been taken the wrong way, then if it is a genuine case it's the animal that loses out, and I'd hate for that to happen here.

I have in the other hand seen a few troll threads in my time too and can see it from both sides. Did I never mention I like to sit on the fence a lot.

Last edited by nuttypigs; 02-15-2012 at 05:25 AM.
nuttypigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #22 (permalink)

I need more information before I personally can make any suggestions that might help. I didn't see her ask for money; I see her as at her wits' end, and trying to seek ideas on how to get her ill dog help because she doesn't have a lot of money. I won't say she's a troll or trying to rip anyone off, but it's hard to give any help when we don't know what is wrong with the dog, what it has been treated for, and what the veterinary says.
-SAN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

The reason I am suspicious is that the difficulties in typing have been mentioned several times but yet the initial posts was quite lengthy - surely the time would have been best used to tell us what the problem was. Also although there was no direct plea for money I felt the undertones were there. If I'm wrong then I'll apologise but it just doesn't sit right with me.
loopylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttypigs View Post
guinea pig rescue forum I'm a member of

Guinea pig rescue!! We have a guinea pig and she is so much fun, I never realized they were such a neat little critter. She is my daughters but ended up moving in to the livingroom where we could all interact with her.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kirska

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylou View Post
The reason I am suspicious is that the difficulties in typing have been mentioned several times but yet the initial posts was quite lengthy - surely the time would have been best used to tell us what the problem was. Also although there was no direct plea for money I felt the undertones were there. If I'm wrong then I'll apologise but it just doesn't sit right with me.
I agree, not trying to be judgmental or jump to negative conclusions but seems like the effort will be best spent getting the point across instead of dancing around it further.
Kirska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylou View Post
Agreed.

If the original poster does indeed have a condition and the basset is in need, I apologize, but skepticism is warranted given the length of the response coupled with the fact the second post repeated the first posting without providing additional info. A short paragraph of detailed info would have sufficed. Instead, we got a long reiteration, undercutting credibility.
Former Foster Mom to [/SIZE][SIZE=1] Domino (A 3/13), Dustin Hoffman (A 11/13), Murphy (A 12/13) Jamiedoxie/basset (A 6/12),Taz & Tommy (trans. to med care 4/12) Ashley (A 3/12)Gwendolyn (A 2/12)and Dudley (A 8/11)
SarahRainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciaB View Post
Guinea pig rescue!! We have a guinea pig and she is so much fun, I never realized they were such a neat little critter. She is my daughters but ended up moving in to the livingroom where we could all interact with her.
Get her a friend and they'll chatter away all day long to each other. I've got 6 gp's of my own, and foster for a local rescue. Bella loves to eat their poop.
nuttypigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #28 (permalink)

6 GPs! Ours is named Daisy Adair and she always talks to me when I'm packing lunches in the morning, she knows I will give her some veggies or fruit. In the afternoon when I come home she always comes to say Hi and I give her some hay. She had a friend named Cooper but he died a few months ago. I think he was really old and had a stroke, poor little guy.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #29 (permalink)

1. When/if meds work-typing isn't too bad. When not working-which is far too often (stress GREATLY exacerbates symtoms)-which I have PLENTY OF RIGHT NOW
2. Longer posts were when meds were working-but the meds don't last long, so had to end the post before I wanted to.
3. If hadn't explained at least in a little detail , my situation, I'd be percieved as rude-and get shut out at the expense of my hound.
4. I wouldn't count on getting the time of day if all I said in my post was "Sick dog, moans/groans through the night, uncomfortable, not moving right. Can't afford vet. What now?"
5. This post will take FOREVER, as meds not working now-but i feel like I have to take the (valuable) time to EXPLAIN, so as to alleviate your suspicions. With PD somes you can function almost as usual, often NOT-like now with all the stress. Any of the PD Websites will enlighten one on the fun
of life with PD. I DIDN'T WANT to, and don't care to further discuss my medical issues, but felt I had to (take the time)to make it clear-so any decision to help/not help my hound is based on the length of my posts. ='NUFF SAID=
Now, in abreviated format:
Dog sleeps sprawled out, rarely curled up (as usual) sleeps with head either propped up, or spilling out of bed with head at lowest point of body.
Often wakes from dead sleep, hot and panting-almost ready to sweat, wants to: go outside-cool off, drink or want chilled food.
painfully moan with every move throughout the night, often during day.
Eyes red and almost appear bulging-off and on
having difficulty going upstairs, uncomfortable going down
Collar appears to be getting tighter
stomach slightly distended.
still eats, drinks, deficates/urinates
been on Cephalexin for extended period for perpetual ear
infection
often seems stiff and sore
intermitently seems almost usual self then miserable
been coming on slowly over last few weeks. Sleeping issues-
infrequently since summer.

This took 2+ hrs, Hands quit-gotta stop now
bassetdependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #30 (permalink)

I'm kind of out of it today, but this thread is confusing.

how old is the dog again?
have you called a vet?
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement