(new member) FRANTIC need help for my hurtin' hound - Page 2 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

I'm glad Ethels rescue put me in the poor house! I only feel comfortable with many of you after a year!

Sometin fishy for sure
eclairs mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

Default My hurtin' hound (FRANTIC owner)

I started a reply to my original thread-and I bumped SOMETHING-and it disappeared! Bear with me, I'm pretty clumsy on the computer!

Thanks to all that cared enough to read my post! I appreciate the suggestions, and I can certainly understand any hesitation / skepticism-it's just that I'm at a loss as to what to do (Credit cards maxed out, Care Credit not an option, vet's office has been great letting me defer payment-but I need more than 2 weeks, payment plan not an option, sparse 401k rapidly getting sparser. . . )

Again-since typing is a real challenge, due to my own medical situation-my posts may sound kind of abrupt or brusk-but each keystroke requires significant effort, and unfortunately I don't have someone to help with or the luxury voice activated software-so I apologize in advance (I wanted to go into more detail in my first post but at 4 a.m. my hands quit cooperating-as they are right now) after resting them I plan on getting back on and explain what's happening. (There's so much to tell) can't do much 'til my hands decide to work like they're supposed to.

Barring anything unforseen I intend to get back on and get into details then
bassetdependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

BTW The land of 10,000 lakes is Minnesota
Old 02-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

The "old timers" here know me, and know I am a soft touch when a hound is truly in need... However, Bassetdependant, you really haven't told us anything about you, your issues, your hound or its issues (not even a name or photo!) color me skeptic.
Jnfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

Aparently you are watching.
bubbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

I need a lot more info. - and this will sound snarky, but you could have posted what we need in the above post, instead of repeating how difficult it is for you to type.

I think it would help to post the veterinary name and contact details, your dog's name, and some details about her injury/illness. Of course, you will need to give the veterinary permission to share info as well.
-SAN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #17 (permalink)

Default I'm trying to respond

but the PARKINSON'S DISEASE I have the joy of dictating my life, is making it d@mn near impossible to type. So, now you know. . .
will resume when typing isn't SOOOO arduous
Old 02-15-2012, 03:32 AM   #18 (permalink)

I've read this post with interest and I may be wrong but nowhere can I see that the OP is asking for monetary help, though I can understand all sceptacism about motive for posting, I do think it might be polite to let the OP get their full situation explained before shooting them down in flames for being a troll.

In the UK we have charity vets who will help out people who can't afford private vetcare for their pets, is there nothing like it in the US?

My take on this is the OP is trying not to make a difficult decision to have their puppy PTS solely because of money problems, and is asking for advise, though we still don't know the full extent of the dogs health problems I do think that it will all come to light when the OP feels up to typing it out.

It might just be us "brits" but I do like to give the benefit of the doubt before coming to any conclusions. I mean lets face it if it is a genuine case they've definately come to the right place for advise, nobody likes to think of a suffering basset.
nuttypigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:53 AM   #19 (permalink)

Thanks for giving me the benefit of doubt, and for speaking in my defense! (Having PD sucks like you wouldn't beleive. . .the frustration of it is enough to drive over the edge. . . ) More info-when the meds kick in and the body cooperates
Old 02-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttypigs View Post
I've read this post with interest and I may be wrong but nowhere can I see that the OP is asking for monetary help, though I can understand all sceptacism about motive for posting, I do think it might be polite to let the OP get their full situation explained before shooting them down in flames for being a troll.

In the UK we have charity vets who will help out people who can't afford private vetcare for their pets, is there nothing like it in the US?

My take on this is the OP is trying not to make a difficult decision to have their puppy PTS solely because of money problems, and is asking for advise, though we still don't know the full extent of the dogs health problems I do think that it will all come to light when the OP feels up to typing it out.

It might just be us "brits" but I do like to give the benefit of the doubt before coming to any conclusions. I mean lets face it if it is a genuine case they've definately come to the right place for advise, nobody likes to think of a suffering basset.
This is why my original response was for more information - I'm sure many of us would love to help out, even if only with suggestions and advice. But so far we still don't know what the problem is, except that it requires more money. With the internet being what it is, it is necessary to be cautious.

Hopefully the OP can find someone to type for them and the full story can be known.
Chili-Ch Soundtrack Spice Up Your Life
Curry-Ch Soundtrack Canadian Brass
Pepper-Ch Pennieslogon Living La Vida Loca CGN
Vina-Ch Soundtrack Grand Illusion
Leila-Ch Soundtrack Almost Paradise
Deela-Ch Soundtrack Wink Of An Eye
Hermione - Soundtrack Spellbound
Eowyn - Soundtrack Rain Dance
Soundtrack is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement