(new member) FRANTIC need help for my hurtin' hound - Page 11 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
this is seriously the nuttiest thing I've seen in a while!
ha!
kind of enjoying this
Esther we must be bad people, I was rather enjoying it also. Ok ok Soundtrack I'll leave it alone.
Herzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #102 (permalink)
vb3

Well this thread was good for almost 2,500 views.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #103 (permalink)

I have only just seen this topic and read through most of it and regarding your 'problems'......

* Having difficulty going upstairs, uncomfortable going down

I would say to keep your Basset off the stairs, going down is particularly bad for them as 60-70lbs of Basset would be pressing on those little front legs!

* Collar appears to be getting tighter

Loosen it if it's getting tighter or buy a larger sized collar!

I feel sorry for your Basset if he keeps getting ear allergies. Try THORNIT powder as I can't even remember the last time any of my Bassets had anything wrong with their ears because I have been using THORNIT for many years now, and would not be without it. A pinch in each ear every week keeps them healthy and stops the dreaded ear mites etc. It has a lovely clean smell as well. No more buying liquid ear cleaner from the Vets which I didn't find all that successful anyway as it leaves the ears moist, which encourages bacteria to multiply. I always recommend Thornit to all my doggie friends. You can get it in many places, including Amazon, Ebay, online chemists and Pet Meds, vet suppliers etc.

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=Thornit+powder+for+ dogs+ears&aq=0j&aqi=g-j1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=6eac4 0 516a32a8d3&biw=1238&bih=627

Try it... you'll never look back and I bet vets wished they'd started it up so they could charge 4x the price!

PS: I got eye drops (for tears) for my elderly Cocker Spaniel that he needs all the time and my vet charged 9.60 for them yet I can buy them for 1.60 in Boots chemist or a bit less online, so needless to say, I buy them online (not prescription, just for a dry eye)!
SophieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #104 (permalink)

Basset Independant, this has been going on for too many days. Your dog is sick, in pain and needs appropriate vetrinary care and attention. Failing to do so is cruel to a helpless animal you chose to take responsibility for. Take your dog to the vet, if you have no funds tell them that up front and maybe there is something they can do for you so our pup does not suffer. Vetrinarians care for animals they don't want to see them suffer.

Noone here (to my knowledge) are educated enough to give you sound advice, and no vetrinarian would without seeing your dog give you a prognosis and treatment plan. If you are not willing to care for your dog, and I hate saying this, but maybe euthenasia is a better option. The thought of a dog suffereing sickens me.
eclairs mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #105 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kirska

If this was a scam it was a terrible one because still we have no way of giving anything.
Kirska is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement