Yeast infection - Page 2 - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

I've been pondering on it for a while so thought I'd send a mail to Chrissie, if you contact her explaining the symptoms she'll be able to recommend a product.

Bella's just had a manuka and neem shampoo, she's currently doing the basset 500 round the house, wiping her now sweet smelling body on the rugs, she came in from the garden smelling horrifically like Cat Poo, with a rather large suspiciously foul smelling stain down her side.

Maybe her lovely soft coat is down to all the guinea pig poo she eats!! The pigs do have their uses.

Or you could try http://www.camrosa.co.uk/ I've known GP rescues use it on GP's I've never bought it but would if I needed to, it's had some marvellous reports on a GP Forum I'm a member of. There's also a product that Many tears were promoting on their website a while ago that they use on the Westies, because they can have chronic skin problems but I've looked and can't find it now.

Just out of interest does she get worse in Winter or periods of Wet weather?

Last edited by nuttypigs; 01-30-2013 at 01:04 PM.
nuttypigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thank you for the commentary. So far the belly skin has not healed up but it's not getting worse either. Higgins at very least is not scratching as much. Dermatology is very $$$! Initial visit would be $500. We are headed back to our vet next week for another consult. I am probably obsessing, but his belly just looks so bothersome, inflamed nipple, some black patches (small), and a pink color all around. I just want him to get better.
HigginsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

You might want to try Monistat Yeast Infection Treatment. Yes! It's the vaginal cream ladies use to clear up yeast infections. Our first
Basset, Bubba, had deep arm pits and every summer he would get yeast infections there. Our vet told us to try putting the cream on his arm pits to see if it would help. It really made a difference.

We also use Foot Power for athletes foot on Bogie. In the summer the dew keeps his toe webbing damp, and we have found this helps to prevent yeast infections from starting in his pads and webbing. I think our current brand is Trimentic, and probably any medicated foot powder might help. Just sprinkle on.

Yogart also will help with the yeast, but we use - Acidophilus Probiotic Formula, 60 Caplets, two billion active cultures - that we buy at Wal Mart. Bogie gets one caplet a day and I just toss it in with his food and he eats it. This has really helped and he rarely has yeast problems now.

Hope Higgins get some relief soon.
BubbaLeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement