Westminster Dog show - Basset Hounds: Basset Hound Dog Forums
Basset.net is the premier Basset Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Westminster Dog show

Ok I'll start here that way if people aren't interested they won't see it. I thought the black and white was better also. I'll have to go back and see it again but it seemed to me like Brians had a sway back.

I liked the red and white and how she wagged her tail also it made me laugh. And I can't remember the other one. It said there was suppose to be 5 but I only saw 4. I wondered why there were only a few most years there is way more. What is it that people didn't want to show under this guy?

And now I can't remember what breed of dog she was showing but isn't Nancy Martin Brian's wife?

I did like Silvernoodles but she was only partly owned buy Topsfield wasn't she. And I like some of the bumper cars or something like that. I haven't looked on there sight for awhile so I tend to forget, old age you know.
Herzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

The thing is, if there is a judge you have not done well under before no one wants to wast all that money to not even be considered for the breed. They have to pay an entry fee just like any other show and the costs to stay in one of the hotels,food,it can be a few hundred tied into that. Yes, Nancy Martin is his wife,she shows other breeds mostly. Most all of the dogs bred by Topsfield are co-owned with other people ,usually they slpit the costs on showing the dog,that way it can be shown more often and get higher up in the ranks.
bubbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey T

Quote:
I did like Silvernoodles
there was a boat load of co owners. as I recall both claudia orlandi and sue flieshman of topsfield nancy richmond of vision and Anne testoni and Bjorn Zetterlund of Spectrum were the co owners CH Topsfield Vision SilverNoodles
Noodles is currently living with Anne testoni Spectrum bassets and competeing in rally, obedience and agility.

Spectrum Bassets
Quote:
Noodles. Noodles competed in Obedience (one day), Rally (two days) and Agility (three days) at the Thanksgiving Cluster in Springfield, MA.
  • Obedience Beginner Novice B: 3rd leg, score 188. New Title! BEGINNER NOVICE
  • Rally Advanced A: 3rd leg, score 88. New Title! RALLY ADVANCED
  • Agility Novice Jumpers with Weaves Preferred: 2nd leg, 1st place, 8" class, score 100.
  • Agility Novice Standard Preferred: 1st leg, 4rd place (on time),8" class, score 100.
Anne has alway been at the forfront of basset performance events,
Mikey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

well i dunno much bout the dogshow world, but watched some of the Westminster and found out...

i'm partial to the Hound group! maybe cuz i am one lol. and i'm least partial to the small toy dogs... haha. maybe cuz they look like c*ts!

so... i watched the Best in Show judging... oh Malachy the Pekingese... you fluffy thing you.. me just don't gets it! but methinks i saw him before in another dog show coupla years back and he just wowed the crowd too. maybe cuz he takes a long time to walk down the aisle.

methought the Doberman wuz beautiful. we were rootin' of the Doberman, of course the wire-hair wiener dawg (a wiener dog's never won Best in Show... what gives?), and also liked the Dalmatian, GSD, & Irish Setter. and the Kerry terrier looked pretty perfect... haha, you gets my point.
--Worm

ps. the BEST thing bout watching the Dog Show were the doggie commercials, esp the Subaru commercials where the dawgs pile in the car, go driving, and go camping & goes to the beeach. me wuz thinkin'.... HEY!!! that's just like US here!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hey Wworrmmie .... I think we Brat Packers should get to do a commercial for the Westminister next year!!!
\I don't get to watch the show when it happens ... we don't have cable but a dish and ya would think with a thousand channels to choose from it would be on one? Yep I can watch the news in Chinese, Potugese, English, French and Canadian Native and Inuit along with a gazillion hockey games at once .... but no Westminister!

We did watch the Hound Group via the internet .... I was rooting for the red and white with the wiggly butt .... she sure seems like a happy dog!!!

The Peak always reminds me of a caterpillar or maybe a centipede..... squash!!!!!splat! Poor dude probably spends more time at the hairdresser than all our moms put together!!!!
paisleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

I would riot, no Westminster now that is just not right. I know it's allot of hoopla but I love it, I just love to see all the dogs. Have to say I was rooting for the Doberman also but would have loved to see the Dachshund win I like the wire haired ones.

But the way that little pek kept looking up at his handler, well it did melt my heart even though they don't look much like a dog really.
I think it would be great if you brats would get to do a commercial you could all go to the big apple

And oops I called the judge a guy, sorry lady. I went back and watched it again that red and white and that tail were to cute she should have won on that alone.

And not sure did SilverNoodles ever have any puppies? I don't think she ever did if she did they weren't much I know I read somewhere she was not good in the whelping pen.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

The dog that won looked like a tribble. I like a dog that I can hug the stuffing out of without being afraid of squeezing it's lungs out of its ears.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Personally ,I would have liked the Irish Setter to have won.Her movment was just breathtaking and she showed alot of personality.I can imagne out of her 15 puppies there have to be some very nice show puppies in there. Noodles was never bred .
bubbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Noodles had to be spayed, I can't remember why. A shame, she is a lovely dog.
Chili-Ch Soundtrack Spice Up Your Life
Curry-Ch Soundtrack Canadian Brass
Pepper-Ch Pennieslogon Living La Vida Loca CGN
Vina-Ch Soundtrack Grand Illusion
Leila-Ch Soundtrack Almost Paradise
Deela-Ch Soundtrack Wink Of An Eye
Hermione - Soundtrack Spellbound
Eowyn - Soundtrack Rain Dance
Soundtrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Oh that's so sad to bad she would have had nice puppies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement