Basset Hounds Forum banner

Our first Basset

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Dixie84 
#1 ·
Hi,we have just had a "Jack" join our family. He is 10 weeks old and we are just working on house training. Any advise would be appreciated.
He is our first Basset so I will be asking questions.
This site looks like a very valuable resource.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Aw Jack, what a cutie you are! If you scroll down on the first page, you'll see FAQ. There is a thread on there on potty training which should help you. Can't wait to hear the stories about Jack...what fun you're gonna have.

#8 ·
Jack, you are such a cutie!!!! There is never a moment I don't want a new basset puppy! If it were left up to me, I would probably qualify as a basset hoarder!

The Allure of pups... chubby freckled bellies, sweat smell, silly antics.... the draw backs... training, cleaning up, chewing, sleepless nights (wouldn't trade it for the world!)

Keep us posted on Jack. They all have their unique personalities and quirks.

for instance, Ellie sleeps in the bed with me, but prefers to sleep on the pillow shams next to the headboard... her "new" thing is, using my forehead as a pillow (not real keen on that!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.